One month later

Lily's pov
It's only been a month since the Halloween ball but being with James feels so natural it seems like that could have been years ago.
Today is our last day before we go home....well before everyone else does anyway. I don't know what I'll do. I pick up my books and head to the door, I'm greeted in the usual way of James practically knocking me right of my feet when he sees me. I laugh and ruffle his hair. "You know if your this excited everyday then maybe you should just come in rather than waiting at my door" I laugh as I descend the stairs. He waits a few seconds and then runs to catch up with me. "Really" he Shouts as he runs, dropping things along the way. I guess, I cause him to lose his perfect balance and coordinated nature. I smirk to my self. "Well of cause you idiot I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it" I reach up and kiss him lightly before we both leave to get to breakfast.

We have transfiguration now. I sit on a table with James, Sirius and Remus. And behind us is Frank, Alice, Peter and Marlene. "Ok today class we will be going over changing animals into objects"

After an hour and a half of waiting for everyone else to be able to change their animal so I could leave let's just say I was thankful it was over. Don't get me wrong it's probably one of my favourite subjects but now that I can do it so easily the lessons kinda drag waiting for everyone else. Finally everyone was done and there's tests for second years so there's no other lessons today. "So what do you wanna do now" I say to no one in particular. We're all walking in our couples with Remus walking next to Sirius and Marlene and Peter next to me and James. Frank and Alice are trailing behind. "I have an idea" James exclaimed as he suddenly sped off down the corridor with Sirius in tow. We all stood staring at the corridor they had just ran down, confused. "Okayyy well that was weird" I say, again not to anyone specific. "Not really" Remus laughs as he stands beside me.

After around 5 minutes they were back, James carrying a large black cloak and Sirius with a piece of blank parchment in his hands. They both look very happy. What are they up too. Remus starts to laugh lightly and walks over to the approaching pair. "I wondered when we'd be showing them these" "um showing them what" I ask. James walks up to me and opens up the cloak. He stands right in front of me and throws it over himself. He's gone. Where has he gone. "James where the hell are you" I shout. Remus, Sirius and Peter are smiling widely at me, sniggering as I spin around looking for him. "Jamesssss" I whine. "Boo" she shouts tapping me on the back. "Ahhhhhhhh" I scream. Everyone laughs. "Is this an invisibility clock" Frank asks stepping forward. "Yea, been in my family for generations" James says handing it to him. "It's amazing" "and this" Sirius says holding the parchment up in the air. He's smirking. Nothing good happens when Sirius Black smirks. "Is the marauders map" "the what" I say with a small laugh as I step forward and try to grasp it. Damn that boy being so flipping all. He simply holds it above my head and laughs at my sad attempts to get it. "Mar make your boyfriend be nice to me" I moan. "Sorry lily dear but I'm not exactly blessed with the gift of height anymore than you" she said stroking my shoulder. She's got a point. "Aw it teeny tiny lily-flower sad hats she can't reach" he said mockingly. Oh please I have other means of getting my way. I quickly whip out my wand and point it at Sirius. "Wingardium Leviosa" the parchment lifts out of his hand and levitates above his head. me and Mar laugh at the boys attempts to reach it. "Who's laughing now" I say proudly. "Oh shut up and give back the damn parchment if you wanna see what it is" Sirius says teasingly. I sigh and lower it so that he can reach it. "Now as I was saying before I was ever so rudely interrupted" he attempted to do and angry glare at me. "Hey get your own girlfriend to glare at" James joked as me wrapped his arm around my waist. "Please I'd probably lose a limb" he said motioning to Mar and mouthing 'crazy'. "Right because Lily's got such a controlled temper" Mar teased from behind me. Everyone laughed. "Hey" I wined as I smacked her side and turned back to Sirius. "So what is it then" I ask crossing my arms. "This Lily-flower as I said before is the marauders map" he takes out his wand and places it on the paper. "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good" words start to appear on the page. And the names Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and prongs were written on the front. "Ok so what is it" I ask turning it over as I watch the ink dance over the page. But as I opened it up I know exactly what it is. "Is this....Hogwarts?!" "Yep and everyone in it" James adds. I'm looking between the boys and let's just say they look very very pleased with themselves. "When did you do this" "3rd year, took us weeks" Remus said stepping forward. Wow I can't believe they managed to do this. Theses are some skilled young wizards. And one of theme mine. I smile to my self and hand it to James.

After staring in awe at the map for a good 15 minutes and Mar, Frank and Alice looking at it I remembered we were actually going to find something to do. "So where are we going exactly" I ask. " I  think we should look for the room of room of requirement, I mean it's our last year and I damn well refuse to leave with out finding it" Sirius yelled dramatically as he stamped his foot. "Alright drama queen let's go" Mar said, dragging him by his collar. "Come on" James said with a smile. "So why do we need the map" I asked. "Because it might take us a while and we'll need it so we can avoid certain people" James winked and pulled me along by my hand. We've all spread out a bit and me James and Remus are walking beside each other. We're just about ready to give up when..."guy guys we found it we actually found it" Sirius's excited voice bellowed. "Bloody hell parfoot keep I down" James said snaking the back of his head. Sure enough a large wooden door had appeared in front on us. I look up to James, he seems as amazed as I am. "Wow" I whisper. "Ready to go in" he asks. "Ready".