The marauders era

James's pov
I force myself to pull away from Lily and climb out of bed, tripping and nearly falling into her desk. Whow that was close I mumble to myself as I catch my balance.

By the time iv brushed my teeth and had a shower Lily is starting to wake up.
I wonder back into her room rubbing a towel through my hair as she sits up in bed.
"Morning" she yawns scrunching up her face as she stretches her arms out above her head.
"Morning" I reply sitting down and leaning over to kiss her lightly.

"We meeting everyone else here" she asks throwing her legs over the side of the bed and standing up.
"Yeah you've got a while yet through" I tell her as I lean back against the wall.
"Okay" she replies disappearing into the bathroom.

After and hour and a half I'm dressed and waiting patiently for Lily to come out....well I'm waiting.
"Lil I know I said a you had a while but I think they are expecting us sometime today" I laugh as I knock on the bathroom door.
"Yeah yeah I'll be one minute" she calls.
I roll my eyes and walk back over to the bed, collapsing on my side and staring up at the ceiling.

10 minutes later I hear the door open and footsteps.
I lean up on my elbows to look at her and can't help but let my jaw drop at the sight.
She's wearing a tight black vest with black leggings and her hair in a high ponytail that still reaches to way past her shoulders.

It still amazes me that she can look so unbelievably incredible in something so simple.

The tight fabric outlines her figure perfectly and while leaving little to the imagination it covers up enough to make her look comfortable.
"What?" She smiles suspiciously as she places her stag neckless around her neck.
"You look hot" I reply, acting innocent as I pull myself up so I'm sitting over the end of the bed.
"Yeah right" she laughs dismissively leaving the room and making her way downstairs.
How can she not realise how incredibly beautiful she is?

It's one of the main things I love about Lily, she's absolutely drop dead gorgeous but doesn't even seem to realise.
Honestly I'm kind of glad she doesn't know,
I might have had a little more competition other wise.

After a few minutes of contemplating how insanely lucky I am I follow Lily downstairs and find her already surrounded by our friends.

"Prongs nice for you to join us" Sirius jokes taking a sip of his pumpkin juice that Lily has just handed him.
"I wasn't that long" I defend myself siting down next to him.
"So dating an older women" he whispers with a smirk.
I turn to look at him and roll my eyes with a small laugh.
"Idiot" i murmur.

We sit and talk in our common room for a while before heading down to the room of requirement being careful not to be seen by anyone, although padfoots constant singing and clearly not caring if we're seen renders our attempt pretty useless.

"Sirius you're so bloody annoying" mar scowls jokingly.
"I know" he chimes as he skips past us.

We take our seats and soon slip into the comfort of each others company.
We made sure to bring enough food to last the whole day as well as small snacks.

"Oh that's such a good idea we have to do that" i beam pointing at Sirius.
"James I highly doubt  mcgonagall will let us throw a leavers party just because the marauders are leaving" Lily laughs picking up a  handful of sweets.
"Are you kidding Minnie loves me of cause
she will" we all stare at Sirius as he smiles smugly.
"Yep..sure..anyway I'm sorry but I really don't think it's going to happen" Lily continues.
"Aw come on lil we've at lease got to ask, I mean it's the end of the marauders era at Hogwarts, this has got to be commemorated"
"Yes Prongsie"
Lily sighs and looks over to Remus.
"What do you think" she asks gesturing her head towards me and Sirius.
"It is the end of an era" he smirks.
"Oh come on if Moony's agreeing we have to" Sirius pleads.
"Go on then" she laughs giving in.
I knew she would.

"Eeeee I can't wait" Mar squeals before she goes on a long rant about what she's going to wear and how we should decorate the hall.
"Shame you'll be going alone Pete" Sirius says sarcastically, patting petter on the shoulder who scowls up at him.
"Aw leave him alone" Lily smiles trying to stop herself from laughing.
It's known that while loved wormtail isn't quite as gifted in any aspect of life as the rest of us. Be that school work, duals or getting girls.
He just hasn't really got it.

"Yeah leave me alone. Besides Moony hasn't got anyone" he defends acting proud that he's come up with some what of an excuse for not having anyone to go with.

Me and Lily glance at each other before smirking over at Remus who's gone slightly red.
"Well that's not completely true now it is" I wink at him.
"I don't know what you're talking about" he says dismissively turning his head away from me.
Lily laughs and pushes his shoulder slightly.
"Oh come on we both know you and Laura will go together" she grins.
He groans and looks back at us as everyone else throws in their own little comments.
"Woo Remus"
"Get in there"
"Moony why wasn't I told about this"
"So I am the only one going alone"

"Alright fine I probably would go with Laura" he admits causing a small celebration between me and Lily.
Everyone else at this point is happy with his answer and slips into their own convocations leaving just me Lily and Remus still on the subject.
"But..." he adds. "It would just be as friends"
My smile drops.
"why?"
"I don't know she's just not right for me"He explains.
"But you're literally the exact same" I say with a small laugh.
"That's the thing...i don't think it would work"
I stare at him blankly, what is he talking about.
"I kind of agree" Lily says. I look down at her almost speechless.
"What?! But...but your the one who pointed it out"
"I know but thinking about it Remus needs someone who while has some of the same interests. Isn't quite so damn perfect a.."
"I'm not though am I...I come with a big lifestyle change" he interrupts.
"Oh shut up and let me finish" she scolds.
I laugh to myself, most of the time Lily is compassionate and unbelievably kind but she also has the ability to know what situation that kindness is needed in. Sometimes Remus needs snapping out of his depressing state of mind when it comes to his condition.
"Anyway as I was saying..
They need to be outgoing so you'll be brought out of your shell a bit but also just  as brave as you are. Sometimes being the same doesn't make you the perfect match. You need someone that counter acts you so well it works."  She smiles widely at her little description of the perfect girl for Remus.
"Well I'm not asking for much then am I" he laughs.
"You'll find her.. I just know it" she grins leaning back into my chest.

I agree that Moony will find someone no mater how long it takes for him to open up to them.
I'm just glad I have Lily Now.