And so it begins

Lilys pov

James tried his best to convince me that he really didn't mind about the neckless but i couldn't shake the feelings of guilt and after searching every square inch on the castle that i was allowed to i had pretty much given up hope, i guess some things just aren't meant to be found although i still have no idea how i managed to lose it, to begin with. 

Still, as james has repeatedly told me, i can't wollow on somthing like that when we only have a short time left to enjoy our stay at Hogwarts. Im sat at dinner with Marlene, Frank, and Alice. The young couple staring down at a book full of floral arrangements while Mar babbles on about her date to the end of year ball. "so Michael said he'll meet me outside the great hall at 7:30 and then.." the rest of the information i more or less zone out for since it's not much i haven't heard before and i only start to listen again when she says "and then me and Jaime let Hogsmeade and" "wait what?" i ask interrupting her with a confused frown. "Jamie" she says repeating the name and staring at me blankly. "jacob who?" "Jamie AGH LILY were you even listening" Frank and Alice snigger at her ouburst and my not so subtle lack of concentration, i glare at them and turn back to Marlene. "well sorry mar but theres a lot to catch up on and i" i pause mid sentence as my spoon hits the wooden table with a thud and clater. i look down to see that the bowl that was once sitting just infront of me is now completely gone. "where did my?....' i start but quickly answer my own question. The marauders. "oh no...it's started" i breath. We all knew the boys had something planned for the end of the year but that time has come around all too quickly. 

I look around me to see everyone else in the hall looking as confused as i was, only a few of them seeming to catch on to what is about to happen. suddenly i get the strange urge to look up and sure enough there hovering no more than three meters above everyone's head was every, plate, dish, cup, and bowl that were on the tables  and not only that but the enchanted sky above us isn't looking its usual self.."and so it begins" i mumble to myself wincing as i go to cover my head and they all suddenly tip over, the contents  splashing down onto everyone. but just as i brace myself to get hit with anything in my surrounding area is not. perplecked i tilt my head up causiously to see James holding a small wooden board over my head but just as i smile and am about to stand up e drops it down onto the table and dissapears under what i can only assume is his cloak. And just as this happens i hear a crash of thunder and heavy rain suddenly stars hammering down on all of us. People start screaming and shouting and as i peer around i see that a few individuals seem to have been carefully selected to be saved from the prank. A few of the teachers and Dumbledore on the list although I'm guessing that might not be down to the boy's lack of trying and rather DUmbeldores far superior understanding of magic. 

"agh, those damn boys" Mar yells slamming her hand down on the table in a rage as she gives up attempting to shield her hair. i myself know there's no hope and instead let my gaze settle on James, stood at the entrance to the great hall with the others looking ever so pleased with themselves. i shake my head at them just as James's eyes meet mine and he shrugs with his signature smirk, i can't help but smile back at him and Dumbledore stands up and stops the torrential rain, telling everyone to stay calm and seated. 

I run a towel through my hair as James struts into my room, at the sight of him i throw the towel at his face as hard as i can, he catches it and starts sniggering to himself as he collapses down onto my bed. "that was very annoying" i laugh trying and failing to keep a straight face. "What?" he asks acting all innocent. i scowl at him jokingly "you know that Mr" he chuckles but doesn't say anything as i start to climb into bed next to him. "besides, you sir are supposed to be setting an example, head boy" i tease, poking his chest and emphasising the words "head boy' "the only reason im letting you get away with it is because you didn't let me get hit with all the food. "seeeee im a great boyfriend" he grins. i stare at him "debatable" i say raising my eyebrows. "lily" he gasps acting offended. "good night James" i smirk lying down before listening to an hour-long lecture about how wrong i was because James is in fact as he clearly pointed out, the best boyfriend in the world.