Christmas eve part 1

Lily's pov

It's Christmas Eve. I'm so excited, I wonder
what Christmas with the Potters will be like.

When the boys came back from St Mungo's they explained everything, they had to hold me back from storming out to go and kick those slytherins asses. Who the hell do they think they are, kidnapping people.
Apparently Peter woke up in the same place they all must have collapsed in, behind some pub in diagon alley, but they didn't take him.
I guess they didn't consider him a threat.
God knows how they slipped what ever it was into their drinks. I guess we'll probably never know.
Sirius told me about how they got sev to let them go, James didn't want to talk about it.
Iv always known sev has felt something towards me and i guess for a while I wasn't sure if I did too, but he's changed now and the feelings I wasn't sure about having towards him don't compare to the way I feel about James, I don't think I could live without him anymore.
He's been there for me when sev wasn't he didn't pick the dark arts over my feelings and friendship. Of causes all always love sev as a friend we've been though so much together but I don't know if we'll ever be as close as we were. I guess I just have to accept that.

I'm currently downstairs with James's mum, putting final touches to the house, we have to take all Mar's birthday decorations down and replace them with more Christmas ones. James said he's taking me out today but I don't know where. "I think that's it dear don't you" she says stepping back and standing next me me.
"I think so" I say happily.
"I think we've done very well all on our own" she smiles as she wraps her arm around my shoulder and squeezes it lightly. "Now how about a drink, the boys should be back soon" we sent James, Sirius and Remus to get more food for Christmas. I agree and follow her into the kitchen.

"I can believe he did that" I laugh as I take another sip of my drink. "Oh he did it took days to put everything back" she says as she smiles warmly.
"And believe me It only got worse when we started having Sirius all sorts of trouble they'd get into"
"Yea I can imagine" I laugh.
After we'd shared a few more stories about all the boys and learned a bit more about each other we sat in a short comfortable quietness . After a minute she brakes the silence.
"He really loves you, you know I can tell" she smiles.
"I know" I sigh happily.
"I love him too, more than I can even believe" a small laugh escapes my lips when I say this, it's kind of unbelievable to me how much I can care about one person who Iv only really even been friends with for a few months.

"Mum were home" I hear James shout as he Sirius and Remus appear carrying several bags. "We went to a muggle shop it was so cool" Sirius shouts as he drops his bags down on the table. James comes over and kisses me. "Hey" he says, still only centimeters from my face. "Hey" I reply with a big smile on my face. "I missed you"
"James you only went to the shop" I laugh
"Yes but It felt like days" he says sarcastically as he wraps his arms around me and lifts me off my chair.
"You ready to go after we've done this" he asks, once he puts me back down. I take a look down at myself. I'm wearing black trousers and a white and green thin jumper on top of a black vest, And on my feet I have brown boots. "Uh yea I think so" I reply as I return my gaze back to him. "Okay" he smiles. We all pack the shopping away and then Sirius disappears into the font room leaving Remus and James's mum looking at some recipes to make for tomorrow and me and James back to me sitting in a chair with him keeling down next to me. "Where are we going" I question. I hope he tells me this time, I don't like not knowing. "Secret" he he says with a weak smile as he stroke my check softly. Uhh that doesn't look good. Oh well only one way to find out.
"Let's go then"
He stands up straight and offers me a hand, I automatically take it. Strange I remember that begging really irritating to me. Actually a lot of things he did annoyed me, but now I think about it, I think they frustrated me so much because I always knew we'd end up together, something I refused to let happen. But let's face it, It was inevitable really. "Thinking about something Lily dear" he says with a small laugh. "Maybe" I grin leaning up and kissing him. "Is it about how fit i am" Sirius shouts from the font room. Me, James, his mum and Remus all laugh and I roll my eyes. "Oh cause Sirius what else would I be think about" I yell back.
"I knew you had a secret crush of me Evans didn't I tell you prongs" he doesn't even look in our direction as he shovels a chocolate into his mouth. "Idiot" I mumble. James chuckles and kisses my temple.
"Right lets go" he says pulling me towards the door.
We say goodbye to his mum and the boys and leave.