Dress shopping: round two

Lilys pov

In less than 24 hours we had sent messages to everyone that we wished to have see us get married, we found a minister willing to proform the ceremony on such short notice and i even got word of it to my sister, who i still have not heard back from. With the Pottential of James's mum not making it to our original date and seeing how upset James was i suggested that we simply move it forward, to 2 weeks time, we found a new church that Mr Potter sugessted and the hall Alice had her reception at agrred to cater for us for the date we needed and with such short notice it was a pleasent surprise that they'd take us. "lil this isn't the wedding you wanted....you haven't got anything you planned for...your prefect day" James mumbles as we climb into bed. "I don't care, im marrying you and thats all that matters" i tell him honestly. I've spent the last day and night convincing James that i really didn't need any of the things i'd planned for and the only thing that mattered to me was that he was as happy as he could be as well. "But what about the church...and being close to your mum and dad". "James my parents are gone" i say interupting him. "They will never see us get married and as much as i loved that church its not them but your mum is still here and if its somthing as small as moving a date so that  she can go then thats what we're going to do" he nods and kisses me softly. "I love you" he smiles as we pull away. "i love you too" 

Mrs potter herself had been extatic when we told her and James's dad hugged us both and whispered a quiet thankyou. Alice demanded that we go dress shopping straight away and with little room for objection thats exactly what i agreed to do today. It had been three days since we decided to move the date and just like we have spent the last month in the order, we have been on missions, seeking out voldemort and batteling his evil forces these few days were no different. However with almost everyone back from undercover missions, Dumbeldore assured us that taking a few hours to go shopping would be okay and that he would do everything he could to ensure we got as near to an uninterupted wedding as possible. 

"I can't believe you're going to be maried in less than two weeks" Alice sighns, running her fingers softly over the delecate marerial of a pristine white laced gown. "I know.....its all pretty sudden but James'd mum deserves to be there" i say, longfully glancing over at the woman sat watching us from a seat at the back of the shop. We don't say anything else on the subject and instead join Mrs. Potter after picking several dresses for me to try on, i only brought her, Alice and Mar with the later agreeing to be my maid of honour. 

"Lily' they all gasp as i come out in what must of been the 11th or 12th dress. I simle down at myself, taking the time to admire it fully in the mirrors arounf me. It had a sweeping sweetheart neckline and florishes out at my waist, moderately scatered roushed roses places around the skirt. "oh lily that is your dress" Mia gushes, standing up. her weak, now very slim body shaking slightly as she does so and comes and stands beside me. i take her hands in mine and smile down at her from my posistion on the small platform. "you look beautiful" she smiles wistfully, looking at us both in the mirror. "thank you so much for letting me come with you......i don't have a daughter of my own and...this moment really means a lot to me...i don't know when my last might be but what you are doing, for my boy..it reasures me that i am leaving him in good hands" i feel my eyes start to water at her words and i fail at stopping a few stray tears escape. "now now non of that" she says wiping them away. "im sorry" i mutter shaking my head and taking a deep breath. "don't be sorry..just be happy" she tells me turning so that her eyes meet mine. i laugh slightly and with all the little humor i can muster as she grins at me. "now" she says patting my back "Im going to go and treat my daughter in law to a wedding dress, i may be dying but i refuse to go before doing this at least" i go to stop her but she doesnt let me, mumbling about how she was never going to back down and wouldnt except letting me pay for any of it no matter how much i protested. 

James was already at home when we got back in the late hours of the afternoon. After fixing something up for dinner and sitting for hours just talking everyone went there seperate ways and i was left in the kitchen alone, simply sat with a hot mug of tea, runnign my index finger around the rim of it in a peaceful silence. I must of dropped of because the next thing i know im being shaken lightly and James voice is calling my name. i rub my eyes throughly and let them focus on him standing in front of me until i speak. 'how long have i been asleep" i ask with a ywan. "Quite a while im assuming, its nearly 2am now...i came down when i woke up and you still weren't there" i nod and stand up, placing my cup down on the table and taking James's arm as we walk up the stairs to his room. "your mum piad for my dress" i tell him as i start to get changed for bed. "yeah she said, i think she just wants to feel like she'd doing somthing for it, i told her she didn't have to but" "i know" i say finsihing his sentence, neither of us could deny her anything she wanted right now and as much as i feel bad i know that she enjoyed the day, so what more could i ask for. "You looked beautiful today by the way" he mutters as i close my eyes, immediatly making me snap them open and sit up slightly. "i do hope you're not refering to the fact that this is the first time i have maid an effort in weeks" i joke, hitting his chest lightly. Its true that with everything going on it was rare now we went out anywhere and so i can't say i exacltly make a great effort every day. "lily you always look incredible to me" he says, the seriousness seeping into his voice. i smile shyly and rest my head on his chest. "James Potter you are a little charmer arent you" he chuckes and sighs "i guess i am"