Evidence

Lily's pov

"really?" i ask raising my eyebrows at Marlene as she stares lusting over sirius. "what?" she mumbles hardly even taking her eyes off of him. "you could at least be discrete" I mutter disapprovingly.
"i don't know what you mean" she says taring her eyes away and back onto her work only to take another not so well hidden glance back at him. "you're unbelievable" Alice remarks in a hushed tone shaking her head. "what?" she asks again clearing playing dumb.
I sigh and look briefly at Alice letting her go first. "uh you're completely obsessed with sirius" at this marlene acts utterly offended as her jaw drops and she sits back slightly. "i am not" she spits. We stare at her blankly. "okaayy....maybe ....i have a small thing for him at the moment. nothing serious just a little crush" she shrugs, her eyes drifting over to him again. "hey, hey over here" i say snapping my fingers to gain her attention. "i can't help it okay besides he's all over that Aria girl anyway" "oh you really are unbelievable, you break the poor boys heart and don't think for a minute we don't know that you're the one who decided to have a break and now you're doing this" "how do you know that?" She questions frowning a little in confusion. i see alice shake her head out of the corner of my eye and i immdeaitly agree, non of us want marlene nor sirius to know we were listening to their break up. "thats....not important. what is however is that you decide quickly whatever the hell you want"
"lily's right Mar you can't try anything if you aren't sure" Alice adds quickly causing marlene to groan and roll her eyes "i don't want to be with him again. we've talked about this okay.... like i said its just a small stupid crush." "whatever you say" i smile a little sarcasticaly.

The rest of the day is spent similarly to any other, the warm sun pulling almost everyone outside during our free periods to enjoy the heat. I'm currently lying down on the grass on my back with my eyes closed and James at my side, he's sitting up resting back on one hand while the other trials softly through my hair, sending a tingling sensation all through my body as his fingers graze my skin.
"Where are the boys then?" I ask in a mumble, distracted by his calming touch. I can hear the smile in his voice as he speaks, clearly pleased with the effect such a simple action can have on me "they'll be here soon, Mar too. She seems to be conveniently with Sirius a lot at the moment doesn't she" he laughs as I open my eyes briefly to see him raising his eyebrows. I can't help but sniffer a little "yeah she does....I think it's the new look she's just really into."
"Apparently so" he chuckles trailing off as the familiar voices catch both of our attention.

"Hey" Mar beams collapsing down next to me with a sigh. I open my eyes once more and glance sideways at her suspiciously "what are you so happy about"
She grins but furrows her eyes brows a little  "what do mean".
"You just seem...I don't know...strangely joyful"
"Oh so I can't just be in a good mood now" she remarks. "No you can't" I state just as the boys sit down by us. "Hi" Remus says more out of politeness that anything, his change is coming up so non of us blame him for his lack of decency at all times of course but it's still sad to see him change so dramatically of occasion.
"Afternoon" James smiles widely ignoring his tone and turning to Peter and Sirius as they sit down just in front of us, the side of Sirius face smudged red with what I can only assume to be  lipstick as some what familiar at that. "Sirius" I mutter motioning to my cheek. He frowns and I shake my head with a sigh as I lean back down to close my eyes again "the red clashes with your eyeliner" I shrug causing James and Peter to chuckle slightly, only Remus seems to successfully refrain himself and Marlene stays oddly quiet. "I can't help it if there are some signs left behind from my admirers" he smirks. The boys laugh again while I exhale and roll my eyes at his comment.
"Nice to know despite what it looks like you haven't changed that much" I mumble not bothering to look at him to know he's still smirking as he rubs his face on his sleeve, cleaning the evidence of whatever it was he was most likely doing not a couple minutes before.