Chapter 10 - Duties & Rules

(Mark's POV - Thur. 7 August 2014)

"Steven, the results are good. Great job!" I exclaim to the manager I hired at the Wine & Cheese Bar.

I've just finished reviewing the figures for the first quarter of existence of the restaurant and I am pretty impressed by the outcome. I didn't think the concept would have such success. Being a lover of the French cuisine, and especially their cheese and wine, I did hope it would be successful, but I never thought it would work out well so fast.

The concept is rather easy: high tables and stools, good fresh baguette, a large variety of cheese and deli meat, as well as the best wine. It is perfect for a quick sandwich lunch at noon or for a rapid dinner before you go out for a movie or anything else. Maybe I should think about developing the concept in other cities. Besides, it's much easier to implement this kind of brasserie than a big restaurant.

"Well, it was your idea, and a good one as you can see!" Steven replies. "You should see the place at lunch time, it's full!"

"Brilliant! Let's keep it as it is for the moment. If it goes on like this, I might open another one or look for a bigger place."

Either way, this restaurant will grow bigger, so I'll have to think about it seriously. I spend another half hour working on spreadsheets in the small room at the back of the restaurant. I still have time before my business meeting with a wine importer.

"Boss, I think your phone has been ringing," Steven says walking back in the office and carrying my jacket that I had left behind the counter.

"Thanks," I reply, hearing the device going off again.

As Steven walks out and shuts the door, I fish my phone inside my pocket and can't help a goofy smile at the caller ID.

"Good afternoon, Shannon," I say, purposefully taking a deep voice.

Yesterday, he spent a long time talking to Mick who good-naturedly replied to all his questions and apparently, there were a lot since it lasted for two hours.

"Good afternoon... Sir... I'm sorry to disturb you... I can call back later if that's better..." the young man stutters nervously, which makes me smile even wider because he is usually much more boisterous and full of assurance from what I have heard of him so far.

"You're not disturbing me, Shannon. How can I help you?" I ask warmly.

"I... hum... I've thought about... I mean..." he begins hesitantly before he blurts out the rest at a speed that allows me to barely understand what he is saying. "I've thought about your proposition and if you're still willing to try, I'd really like to accept it, I mean, that's if you're still okay to have me as your Submissive of course. If you don't want to anymore, I can understand, but if you're ready to give me a chance, I'd really like to t...."

"Shannon, slow down!" I scold him.

Did he just say he accepted to be my Submissive!!?

"Say that again, calmly and intelligibly."

"Sorry, Sir. I'm just a bit nervous."

"Take your time, Shannon."

"Okay... I have thought about your offer to become your Submissive for long enough, and I would like to discuss it further with you..." he repeats, articulating each syllable. "You know... for the rules and stuff like that."

I didn't think he would make his decision so quickly, but I feel my body fill up with excitement already.

"This is great news, Shannon. If you're sure about this decision, we need to discuss this further indeed. Are you ready to start now or would you like a few more days before we review the rules and limits together?"