Chapter 14 - Find Something You Love To Do, You'll Never Work A Day In Your Life

(Mark's POV – Wed. 20 August 2014)

Since Shannon moved into my apartment two weeks ago, he has spent every night here, which suits me perfectly. I have been able to train him for about one hour every day, and he has become a very good Submissive, the perfect one for me. After his tantrum last weekend, he has been on his best behavior, training by himself on his postures and patience, being very affectionate, which I have come to love, and insisting on learning more and more about recipes and cooking. This last part is quite surprising because I can tell he doesn't really enjoy cooking, but it proves how much effort he's ready to put in, and this makes me happy and proud.

I have been quite busy since Monday, working on developing the Wine & Cheese Bar business. I am considering expanding the concept to other cities, but first I want to try it out in another area of Chicago. In this respect, I've had quite a few appointments with the bank and realtors. That's without mentioning taking care of my current establishments and working on this new recipe I want to add to the menu at Le Marais.

As I usually do on Wednesdays, I am currently in my office at home, working on spreadsheets, checking figures, reviewing reports from my accountant and treating paperwork. Shannon is out at the moment, doing grocery shopping and it's all quiet in the apartment. Until my phone goes off.

Mister Cox... What do I owe the pleasure?

"Hey Aaron, how are you?" I ask as I pick up the phone.

"Hey Mark, you still alive??" he asks with heavy sarcasm.

Well, I can't blame him. I haven't spoken to him over the last few days, and haven't been to the club since Shannon moved in. He knows that the young man is staying at my place at the moment, and I have informed him of the training's progress through regular texts. I also sent him a scan of the contract I signed with Shannon, and he'll get an original later.

"Alive and kicking!" I joke.

"Kicking Shannon's butt?"

"When I get around his butt, I actually have other thoughts in mind than kicking it..."

"Yeah, I bet... So? How's everything going?" he asks with mock innocence.

"All good. I think he will soon be ready."

"I'm sure he was ready much earlier, you just want to keep him to yourself!" Aaron accuses, and I must admit, there's a bit of that.

I am actually enjoying Shannon's presence more than I thought. This boy is a revelation to me! From what I had heard, I was expecting an unbearable, insubordinate and very defiant person, which I wouldn't mind because I have a preference for lively Subs, but he's far more than that. He is unruly for sure, and I don't think life will always be simple with him, but he's doing great in his submission so far, better than I predicted, and he is so full of affection. I really love this!

"No, I just want to make sure he's completely at ease before you guys test him!"

"Bullshit, you know he's ready!" Aaron groans bitterly. "That's the purpose of my call by the way. Camden and I are available on Friday afternoon. Can we schedule his certification test then?"

I think it over for a moment. I'm pretty sure Joshua has been pressuring Aaron. I overheard a conversation between Shannon and Liam on Monday evening, and from what I gathered, Liam is growing very eager to have his friend at the club when he goes there.

"Mark? You still there?"

"Yeah, yeah, just thinking... Friday can work. What time do we have to be there?"

"Let's say 4:30 pm?"

"Okay, we'll be there. Will it be just you and Cam?"

"Well... It could only be me tasting him..." he teases.