Chapter 25 - Could It Be That My Boss Is A Gay Dominant?

(Alex's POV - Fri 24 October 2014)

This guy's hand – I think I heard his name is Shannon – is so warm and so soft, it feels good.

I am so cold. I am always cold.

For the past two years and a half, I have been freezing inside and outside.

Even in the summer when the sun burns my very pale skin, I feel this chilly sensation inside me.

Even when I wash dishes at work and the water is too hot, I feel cold.

Even when I go dancing and enjoy a great evening, I can't seem to get rid of the icy tingles.

It's like there is nothing that can make me feel warm again. And yet, this boy's hand... This is why I am a bit surprised when Shannon's hand wraps around mine to lead me out of the boss's office and its warmth envelops me. The weird part is that it's not only on the skin of my hand, but it also courses through my body.

It really does make me feel better!

And this guy is so cute!!!

I think he's my size, though not as skinny as I am. I was able to drown into the beautiful greenish blue of his eyes when he helped me into my coat earlier, and almost startled at what I saw in them. Was it compassion? Tenderness? Generosity? Concern? I can't be sure, but I'm still overwhelmed by all the emotions that were displaying on his face.

He is wearing an expensive blue suit that fits him so well, with a white dress shirt of which he left the first two buttons undone, which allows me to ogle the gorgeous silver necklace at the base of his neck. It looks great on his rather tanned skin.

We haven't been properly introduced, so I don't know who he is exactly, but since he is leaving with the boss, I can only assume that he's his younger brother or a friend.

As if the earlier situation in the main kitchen wasn't shameful enough with me sprawled on the floor among a mess of broken dishes, things only grew more embarrassing in the office when the owner of the restaurant where I work tried to grill me with questions about what happened. It's not getting any better now that he wants to drive me back home. The situation with him tending to my scratches is awkward as it is, and I don't want him to see in what sort of crappy place his employee lives! Besides, my place is rather far from here, which means I'm going to make him waste his time, and it upsets me.

However, it seems like the man is not one you can easily contradict. Damn! There's such authority emanating from him! I even wonder how I was able to resist his questions earlier!

I still give it another try, weakly mumbling that I can take the bus to go home, but when I get to hear another sigh of exasperation, I end up giving him my address so that he can put it in the navigation system of his car.

The Shannon guy is sitting at the front while I'm at the back behind the driver's seat, and I have a hard time fighting against sleep due to the extreme comfort of the sofa and the fact that Mr. Murray turned the heater on full blast. I swear his SUV is more comfortable than the old and shitty mattress I sleep on at home! I bet my boss is freaking wealthy!

To be honest, I don't know much about him. I have seen him a few times in the past few months, on very rare occasions, but I don't think he ever noticed me before. In his defense, Chef Sanchez always makes sure to assign me with the least interesting tasks in order to keep me out of his sight, so I spend most of my time in the huge fridges, the stock rooms or the small room where we wash dishes.

I still got to catch a glimpse of the tall man a few times whenever he came to meet Matt – the general manager of the restaurant – or when he's busy experimenting recipes in the smaller kitchen. The first time I saw him, I was amazed by his handsomeness. He is exactly the type of guy I fantasize on, tall, well-shaped, not too bulky, dark hair, and an imposing presence.