Chapter 39 - Second Deflowering

(Alex's POV – Sun. 9 November 2014)

Phew... Such relief!

To be honest, I'm relieved that we don't go straight to the bedroom – or the playroom that Shannon told me about yesterday afternoon!! As much as I am eager to engage into sexual activities, I'm still a bit scared of how things are going to happen. I entirely trust Mark to take it slow and easy, but I can't help remembering how painful my first time was. My boyfriend and I were both inexperienced, so it had to be sloppy and quite messy in terms of cleanliness, and it required quite a few weeks before he convinced me to try again for the second time, which wasn't much better. I mean, I loved the penetration, but it was a bit difficult for a few minutes...

I can't wait for Mark to replace these bad memories with a more pleasant experience, though.

We end up having lunch in a shopping center that has a huge food court. Mark has decided to get to know me better and fires me with questions about my general tastes for everything: food, color, music, movies, books, drinks, games. As someone who doesn't really like talking about himself, this is almost torture but it's only fair and his questions are not too intrusive. There's nothing about my past – which is the hardest for me to evoke – and Mark also answers the questions I ask him. He tells me a little more about the restaurants he owns, the one he wants to sell, the brasserie business he is expanding. Now I understand why he spends so little time at Le Marais!

Once I am about to unlock the door of my small apartment, I realize that they have never been here before and I suddenly feel very self-conscious when they walk into my one-room home. I should have made them wait outside or in the car while I gathered the few things I needed to pack! And this is precisely what I ask them to do when I see the bit of mess I had left on Saturday morning, but Mark's scowl quickly puts me back into place.

"So this is where you live..." Mark whispers, peering all around him.

"Err... yeah... sorry... I won't be long..." I say, already looking for a duffle bag underneath the convertible couch.

"What are you sorry for, Alex?" Shannon asks softly.

"It's a bit messy..."

"It's not messy at all, Alex," Mark intervenes. "It's only very small. It's just a bedroom with a... toy kitchen... there's not even a stove to cook! Is there at least a bathroom?" he asks.

As he takes another look around, he quickly notices that there is no other door than the entrance one. The genuine concern on his face goes straight to my heart. It's not about belittling me or making fun of me. He just looks really worried.

"It's shared... in the corridor," I reply with a shrug.

"It's fine, Alex. You already pulled through very well on your own. I'm still glad you're moving out of here. That door's not even safe... Yeah, I'm really glad you're moving in with us," he assures me, pulling me into a tight hug.

Less than twenty minutes later, I have tossed all my decent clothes inside a duffle bag – not that there were many in any case... – as well as my box of secrets and toiletries. I also empty the small fridge of its few contents that I throw into a trash bag, and we are out of here. I take a last look at the room where I spent the last year and a half: even if it was my little comfy home, I'm still happy to leave it.

On our way back, Mark unexpectedly stops in another shopping center and drags us through several shops where he buys me an extensive wardrobe of underwear, trousers, tee-shirts, sweatshirts, sneakers, shoes and whatever. There is this moment I try to protest and argue with him, but he quickly pulls me to the side, pins me against a wall, and leans down to whisper in my ear.