12

**Not Edited**

Michelangelo Romano (Giovanni's Dad) -Next Day

I was sitting in my room when the doorbell rang. I sighed and got up and walked downstairs passed Lorenzo. "Did you not hear the door?" he ignored me. He hasn't spoken to me since he found out his mother was back. I sighed again and walked over to the front door. I opened it and saw Mason's body out on the front porch with several bullets in him. I dropped down to my knees crying as looked at my oldest son. I heard footsteps run up behind me. "What the fuck?" Lorenzo said standing behind me. "Go back inside." I told my two body guards to bring my son in; while I called Giovanni, Hassan, chris and Jason so i could get to the bottom of this shit.

At the meeting

I was sitting at the table looking at Giovanni, Hassan, Jason, and Chris waiting to hear the reason I called all of them here. "Why are we here?" Giovanni said. I pushed a button turning the projector on. "I want to know who killed my son." I said standing up. The boys all looked at each other. "What? Do you know something?" Giovanni sat back. "He's one of the people who took Anaya." Hassan said looking at me.

"What do you mean? Mason would never do anything like that. He's changed. He was getting his shit together" All of their heads snapped in my direction, but Giovanni was the one that caught my attention. He looked at me like he was ready to snap at any minute. "Let's not pretend that he was this kind loving person when reality he was really a sick fucked ." Jason said with venom in his voice.

"No he did. He was even trying to help find her, but because you're mad at me you all killed my son, your brother" Giovanni started chuckling before he stood up almost jumping across the table, but Chris grabbed him.

"Your son. Wow you say that like I'm not son as well. As for brother don't kid yourself. That motherfucker was nothing to me." He laughed a dry humorless laugh before his face twisted into a sinister scowl. "If he was such this great person then why does Anaya have scars covering her body? Why does she tense up when she hears his name? She flinches whenever someone goes near her. Tell me why my kids cried almost every day because they thought that their mother abandoned them. It's because of you, that stupid motherfucker, and his psychotic piece of shit friend. So don't sit here and try and tell me that he was this wonderful person when he wasn't. I bet even knowing that you probably still think he's the better son. You never took any interest in the kids that were actually sitting in front of you because you were so concerned with taking care of that ass wipe. I'll never be good enough for you no matter what I do, so fuck you. I have a family of my own and I swear I'll be twice the man and father you ever were." He turned and walked out with the boys following him leaving me standing here feeling like I just lost two of my children instead of one.

**********

Anaya

"Mama, can you paint my nails?" "Me too." Claire said jumping up and down. I was sitting on the couch with Erin, Jas, and Angie with Blake and Ava playing on the floor. "Sure munchkins. Go pick out a color." They both ran off. "They have been up under you all day." Jas said looking at me. "Well duh they've been with Anaya their whole life and then she disappears with no words. Of course the gone want to be with their mama." Erin said. "Oh shut up. I was just saying it was cute." I laughed as the two of them bickered. "I missed you two fighting and Angie looking at yall like the crazy people you both are." They all looked at me with smiles plastered on their faces.

"Awww we missed you too hun." Erin said. "I'm not crazy. I'm unique." Jas said with a creepy smile. I busted out laughing as Evie walked over to me holding my dark burgundy nail polish while Claire had light purple. Claire came and sat next to me watching as I started painting Evie's nails. "Auntie Naya?" Jacques said standing behind Evie. "Yes Que." I said looking up. "I'm happy your back. I missed you." he said with a huge smile.