I'm Sorry

Scarlet's POV

I'm sorry Dan - for ignoring you, I mean. I don't know what got over me.

I hit send and walked into the kitchen. "So your school called us today." My mum said, stiring something at the cooker. 

"Oh really?" I asked her, walking up to the fridge and taking out a milkshake.

"They say you have been slacking off - your maths teacher saw something on your wrists that he was concerned about." My mum said the last part rather quietly. My heart skipped a beat. How could he see my cuts? I mean, I would always hide them with my jacket!

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied innocently and my mum turned around.

"Let me see your wrists, Scar." 

"No, mum! There's nothing there!" I shouted at her.

"Scarlet! Show me your wrists now." My mum demanded but I refused. My mum ran up to me and grabbed hold of my wrists, holding them up level to her eyes. 

"NO!" I yelled, and my mum dropped her grip. 

"What have you been doing to yourself?" She whispered quietly.

"It's none of your business, mum. You wouldn't understand - I hate you!" I cried.

"I want you to pack your bags and get out. If your going to harm yourself you aren't going to do it under my consciousness." My mum snarled.

"I have no where to go!" I cried. "You expect me to live on the streets. In MANCHESTER?! Ugh - you're useless. You are the worst excuse for a mother ever."

I stormed back into my bedroom with my milkshake in one hand, my other hand covering my face. I slammed the door. 

It's okay Scarlet, I've just been so worried about you. -Dan.

-Oh I'm so sorry. I really am. I didn't keep my Promise. I cut, again. My mum found out, just now in fact, and she has kicked me out. I have no where to go - I live in Manchester, too

Dan's POV 

Scarlet finally replied to me, I was overjoyed. I pressed the 'open' button so I could read what she had said.

Oh I'm so sorry. I really am. I didn't keep my promise. I cut, again. My mum found out, just now infact, and she has kicked me out. I have no where to go - I live in manchester, too! -Scarlet.

Wait a minute. Scarlet lives in Manchester? She could move in with Phil and I! We do have the spare room - that would be great! I could finally meet her, but would she accept? Without consulting with Phil I typed back.

-You can live with Phil and I!

Scarlet's POV

Oh my god - did Dan Howell just ask me to live with him? As in, the real, Dan Howell. Could this be true? Well, yeah, obviously it's true, but I pinched myself just in case. I'd obviously say yes, after all, I have no where to stay anyway.

-Yes! That would be great. Where do you live?

Come to Central Park in fifteen minutes, I'll meet you there! -Dan.

Deal. Now, a person with common sense would know that meeting a stranger up in a local park isn't a good idea. But what did I know! I knew that this was the real Dan Howell, and that I would be living with him very, very soon.

Dan's POV

"I'm,  uh popping out for a bit." I said, exiting my room and pulling over my black leather jacket. I quickly sorted out my hair and said goodbye.

"Bye Dan!" Phil waved.

"Bye Phil." I replied.

"Bye Dan." Summer smiled.

"Bye." I murmured, just out of complete jealously and spite. I wanted a girlfriend! If Summer dare hurts Phil like Taylor did to me - I'll kill her.

I walked to Central park and after a short period of time, I was there. Surprisingly it was empty. Well, there were two children, about seven, playing on the swings. Then someone caught my eye. It was a girl, with long brown locks. She was against the slide and climbing frame on her phone. Could that be her? Could that be Scarlet?

I walked closer to her and tapped her on the back. She turned around and her mouth formed a perfect O shape. She had dark brown eyes, shades darker than her hair, just like mine! Although it was winter, she was tanned. I guess it was sunny today.

"Dan," She said, her eyes squinting. "Oh my god - it really is you!" 

"Scar!" I exclaimed giving her a really big hug. "It's great to finally meet you!"

"And you." Scarlet shrieked, a quiet shriek - a cute one. It was then the two seven year olds approached me. I identified them as both girls.

"You're cute." One smiled at me and I smiled back awkwardly.

"Thanks."

"Do be quiet," the other girl said. "His girlfriend is right there!" She gestured at Scarlet.

"Oh no - I'm not his girlfriend." Scarlet assured the girl. They both nodded and then giggled while running off.

"Well, um - that was strange." Scarlet laughed.

"Yep! Let's go." I smiled, leading Scarlet to our new home.