Getting Ready And Dinner

Scarlett's POV

I knocked on the door and quickly it opened up, revealing Summer, in a pink fluffy dressing gown, and her hair was wet and in curlers. I giggled slightly at the look of her, and half smiled before saying hello. She invited me inside her apartment. She didn't live too far away from Dan and Phil, her apartment was smaller though. A girl with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes was lying down on the leather sofa, reading a magazine.

She looked up from the magazine and at me, she then turned to Summer but did not say anything. Her eyes glided back to the magazine in-front of her and she continued to read. "That's Taylor." Summer said plainly, observing the blonde girl. "She's normally like that." Summer then walked over to Taylor and whipped the magazine out of her hands. Taylor's face scrunched up.

"Hey!" She shouted at Summer, trying to reach for the magazine out of her hands. 

"This is Scarlet. Um, she lives with Dan and Phil now." Summer said to Taylor. Taylor's eyes squinted and looked at me.

"Looks like Dan finally got over me." She mumbled quietly, but clearly as I heard what she said.

"Huh?" I asked Taylor puzzled, she smirked at me but did not say anything. Summer hurried me into her bedroom.

"Let's ignore Taylor." She smiled awkwardly and I nodded. Did Dan know Taylor? Well, obviously he did, but what did she mean? "Look, this is all my clothes." Summer said, opening her wardrobe to reveal beautiful evening gowns.

"Wow." I said quietly.

"Pick one." Summer smiled, "Not to over the top though. Look what I'm wearing." she said, pointing to some clothes laid out neatly on the bed. It was a mixture between both casual and formal. She had a graffiti dress with lots of bright colours, but mainly purple. Also she had shiny black heels with a small ribbon on. 

"Wow," I said again. I took out a short red and white polka - dot dress and red high heels. "I like this."

"Okay -  it looks like it would really suit you." Summer said and thought for a moment, "You know what? How about you keep it?" 

"Oh really!" I grinned and Summer nodded as I gave her a really big hug. 

"I'm going in the shower." I announced and walked off with a huge grin on my face. I walked into the bathroom with my dress and hung it on a rack where the towels were. I hopped into the shower and got washed. I rubbed the fragrant smelling shampoo and conditioned it. I got dried and pulled myself into the dress. It was a perfect fit.

I walked back into Summer's room and she was sat on her bed, doing her makeup. She was all ready and looked stunning. Her hair was still in her rollers and she was applying some eyeliner. 

"What should I do with my hair?" I asked, pointing to my hair which was wrapped in a towel, drying.

"Straighten it! After all, it is naturally wavy." Summer suggested and I agreed. She handed me a hair dryer and a pair of straighteners.

"There!" I said, around twenty minutes later. We were both just about ready, and I was putting on some red lipstick and mascara.

"Give me a twirl." Summer smiled, and I spun my heel around. She started to laugh, when there was a knock on the door. Perfect timing!

Summer walked to the door and I brushed my dress down, following her. Dan and Phil were stood there at the door, looking as smart as ever. Phil was wearing a white button down shirt and some blue jeans. Dan was wearing a dark grey shirt, and a lighter grey cardigan and his signature black skinny jeans. I smiled.

"Hi!" Phil smiled, embracing Summer and planting a small kiss on her cheek. She began to blush widely and me and Dan giggled.

"Hey," Dan smiled at me giving me a short, friendly hug. He was so, irresistible. I wish I could just cling onto him for the rest of my life! Like a koala! No, wait. Never mind.

"Are you ready to go?" Phil asked and we both nodded. Summer and Phil linked arms and walked in front of us. They were the cutest couple ever. However, Dan and I just walked side by side, it was almost awkward.

"You look pretty." Dan murmured quietly, and I blushed deeply. In fact, I could feel my cheeks burning up.

"Thanks Dan. You wash up pretty good too." I smiled.

A taxi was waiting for us, and we all climbed inside. Phil in the front, Summer behind him, me in the middle and Dan on the end. He drove us to the restaurant and we sorted out our reservations. We took a seat inside and looked at the menu. 

"The chicken korma looks nice." Dan said, complementing the menu's curry.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"I think I might get the chef's special." Phil said.

"So might I, it looks nice." Summer said.

"Okay, so two chicken korma's and two chef's special's please?" Phil asked the waiter as he jotted it down and walked off. "Wow, I'm starving."

"Me too." Dan laughed, rubbing his stomach. Some champagne arrived and fizzed up. Dan popped the cap off and it flew to the other side of the restaurant. "Oops." He chuckled. He poured us each a glass of champagne out before toasting; "To Scarlet, our new roommate!" 

"To Scarlet!" Summer and Phil both chanted before we all clinked our glasses together and took a sip.