Not So Perfect (39)

Dan's POV

We were aloud to go back to our own apartment, they had finished searching for the cause of Taylor's death. Quite frankly, we all knew anyway what had happened. Everything was so perfect. Scarlett was pregnant, she admitted she loved me and we had this amazing kiss the other night. 

After I had finished straightening my hair, which I hadn't done for months now, I padded into the kitchen where Scarlett was making breakfast. Phil and Summer were in a conversation about cheese. Apparently Phil didn't like orange cheese? 

"Hey baby," I smiled wrapping my arms around Scarlett's waist. She flinched and turned around.

"Uh, Dan? What are you doing?" She asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Don't you like that? You did before..."

"Yeah.. when we were dating!" She practically yelled.

"But I thought - "

"What exactly did you think, Dan?" Scarlet asked me. Okay, I was beyond confused. "Did you think you could just waltz in here and think you're my boyfriend? Nope, not after you cheated!"

"But we kissed! And you said you loved me!" I exclaimed and Phil and Summer's face turned to face us in shock.

"Woah, woah, woah. Forget about the cheese. You did what, Scarlett?" Summer questioned Scarlett.

"I was obviously drunk!" Scarlett said.

"But you had nothing to drink..." Phil whispered.

"Fine! Hormones!" Scarlet shouted.

"I'm pretty sure those don't start effecting you until a few months."

"Did you mean it, when you said you loved me?" I asked her quietly, preparing myself for the heart wrenching answer. She thought for a moment.

"No."

No. No she didn't. I nodded. "Thanks." I tell Scarlett before storming out the apartment. "You used me!" I shouted at the door frame.

"You cheated."

"At least I had the decency to tell the truth and apologize." Were my final words...

Final. 

This was the end.

No more Scarlett and Dan.

No more Dan and Scarlett.

Ever.

.

..

...

....

.....

"NO!" Scarlett screamed. "No Dan!" I turned around to face Scarlett, tears streaming down her face.

"I thought you loved me." I told her, my voice cracking at the end.

"Of course I fucking love you. I couldn't live without you Dan. You have helped me through so much. And I wake up every morning thinking 'Wow, how can I be with someone as perfect as him?'. It's everything." Her hands were shaking as they reached mine. She swallowed. "Now, I don't know if you will ever be able to forgive me? I know I couldn't... but I'm an idiot. Please... please don't leave me." She looked down at her stomach. "Please don't leave us."

I didn't speak. All I did was stare into Scarlett deep brown eyes. As I forwarded her our heads rest against each other. Facing each other. "I can't." I whispered as the tears rolled down my cheeks. She pursed her lips together. "I'm sorry Scar."

"I'm always going to love you, Dan..."

"So am I..."