Christmas Tree

Scarlet's POV

Dan walked back into the apartment, in a state. Though I decided not to comment. His hair was wet with little snow flakes melting into each strand. His leather jacket was dripping and to be completely honest, he looked like he had been crying. "Dan are you okay?" Summer asked, standing up and brushing the snow off his jacket. 

"I, um, no." He stammered, and I looked up at him. He was already looking at me. Did I do something wrong? I couldn't tell. He walked over to me and sat down in the space next to me. "I broke up with Taylor." He said. Because he was looking at me, it sounded like he was speaking to me and no one else. Should I say something. No. I pulled my arms out and enveloped him into a cuddle. I wished I could tell him that I loved him, and that everything could be okay. But it would be strange, and would probably creep him out. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered against his neck. He didn't draw away from me, and he was cold and wet, which made me cold and wet. I didn't mind though, for some reason. His head shook left, to right, and he let out a sob. "Oh, it's okay Dan. She's obviously stuck up, she isn't worth someone amazing like you."

"That's a lie." Dan sighed. He was hardly crying, but he was still upset.

"What are you talking about?" I laughed. "You're perfect!" Dan stopped and looked at me. I may have let those last two words slip accidentally. Dan's eyes were beautiful, deep, and chocolate brown; filled with secrets. 

"Hardly." Dan muttered, but a small smile formed on the corners of his lips. That perked me up a little. "Thank you Scar."

"There!" Phil said, backing away from the camera. "Hey guys!"

"Phil, what are you doing?" Dan asked, rubbing his face and sorting out his hair. "Are you filming!?" He asked, and Summer burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Yes!" Phil told Dan, and then turned back, facing the camera "Here, we have Summer, Scarlet and Dan." We all waved. "Today, we're going to put together and decorate a Christmas tree! I'm so excited."

"Where's the box?" Summer asked Phil and he shrugged hopelessly.

"I think it's in the cupboard." Dan said, before wandering off, getting out the tree. Dan brought back in a large box with a picture of a six foot tall, green Christmas tree. He emptied out the contents. "How on earth does Asda think I can put this together?" Dan gasped sarcastically, trying to click the bits in place, but failing. 

We all had a good laugh while shooting the video. We decorated it too, a golden star placed on the top. Of course, Phil demanded to put it on. "How many days is it until Christmas?" Dan asked.

"Considering it's all Phil has been going on about, I believe it is twenty four days left." Summer grinned and he nodded, taking note.

"I need to go out sometime soon, to get presents." Dan admitted and I agreed.

"Do you have my present, Dan?" Phil asked, eagerly.

Dan pointed to his nose. "Nosey nosey."

Phil pointed to his cheeks. "Cheeky cheeky."

"That's enough," Summer said. "Bye guys!" and she turned off the camera.

"I'm going to bed," I yawned, "We stayed up until three in the morning decorating a tree." I giggled. I walked into my bedroom and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell into a deep slumber.