Waking Up (49)

Dan's POV

Scarlett's brown eyes fluttered open right before my own. It had been six whole months before she awoke. The doctors said she was in a temporary coma, but when I did see her beautiful face once more, it made me feel so good. I didn't see the point of it all though. I still had feelings for Scarlett, but she had totally moved on. 

I had been by her side everyday and everynight, I was practically living in the hospital. But because six months had past, this meant she was nine months pregnant. And according to her big baby bible; that was the time she was due. It could be anytime now, and I was starting to feel so nervous. I over heard a big argument in the hospital about discharging Scarlett.

Some were saying there was no point as she was due anyway. Because she had been sleeping so long, we hadn't even gotten the time to discuss baby names. "How come you're here?" Scarlett asked me. Her hands were as cold as ice and her face was pale white.

"Because I wanted to stay by your side. Like I promised before, that I would always protect you, no matter what. Just because we aren't dating doesn't mean I don't care about you," I squeezed her hand. "You're my best friend, and I love you."

She looked at me, her eyes gleaming like shining stars but did not speak a word. Words I thought must be spoken; or how else will I be able to admit my true feelings for her?

Dude this is short like omg.

Be prepared for da next chapter, it will be entertaining.

I hope...

Ta ta,

Rach xx