Over Again (48)

Dan's POV

Flashing lights. Taylor. Scarlett. Angela. Summer. I was running away. Running from all my troubles and issues. 

The sudden clash of thunder woke me up with a startle. I had fell asleep in the park? My heart was bleeding, I could almost feel it. Like I had just stepped on a ton of broken glass. I wanted to die, why was my life worth living if I just screw up everything?

I didn't have my mobile with me, so whatever the time is, was far beyond me. Just like my soul. My true love, Scarlett.

I struggled to get up and on to my feet, but when I did, I slowly walked to the hospital. I had a terrible head ache. My whole body was throbbing. "Is Scarlett Evans here?" I asked quietly.

"Room 208."

I nodded and without thanking the receptionist I made my way to Room 208. My thumbs were fumbling against my jean pocket. My hobbit hair was wild. I hadn't even got washed, I probably stunk. I knocked on the door.

She was like a Sleeping Beauty,

Just laying there. Silent. Peaceful. I squeezed my eyes tight shut. No, no, I couldn't cry. Not here anyway. I sat down on the edge of her bed and brushed her long brown waves out of her face with my trembling finger.

My hand made it's way past her chest and down to her stomach. It was curved. Scarlett was on a drip. She had pipes and tubes coming from her nose and other areas I couldn't make out for sure because her bed sheets were covering.

I leaned over, placing my dry and chapped lips on her cold but soft lips. I pecked her, and sniffed before pulling away. She was still sleeping. And that's when I realised, 

That is when I knew for sure,

That I was in love.