It's Better Off This Way (40)

Dan's POV

"How ya feeling, bro?" Phil asked me, sitting on the edge of my bed. A part from having an exestential crisis, I was doing quite well. "Look, I know she left you, I know you loved her -"

"But nothing Phil!" I yelled at him, throwing the box of tissues which was previously resting on my lap on to the floor. "You don't understand. You are all happy and loved up with Summer. You really don't know how I feel!"

"I was just trying too-" Phil whispered and I looked down at my lap.

"I know. I'm sorry." I replied, "It's my fault. I shouldn't have screwed things up."

"It's been three months, Dan. You need to get out of bed. Scarlett... she felt the baby move."

"Oh my god!" I practically screamed jumping out my bed. "I need to go and see her. This is great!"

"I know, but first you might consider getting a shower." Phil adviced me and I grinned. 

The hot water stream collides into my skin, realesing tention. I cose my eyes, and the hot steam envelopes my body. As I wash the shampoo suds off me, the water sending them in little streams down my back. My whole mind was thinking about my child. 

I hadn't even told the internet. They didn't even know Taylor was dead. They didn't know Scarlett and I had broke up. I mean, sure they had their suspicions. Oh god... I hadn't made a video in like five months! 

Still in my towel, I logged on to Twitter. Messages and tweets came flooding in.

Dan, you're not dead, are you?

Are you and Scarlett together?

What happened with Taylor?

And of course;

PHAN PHAN PHAN IS REAL! DAN LOVES PHIL AND PHIL LOVES DAN!

Oh the fans, the dear, dear fans. I wonder if Scarlett would be interested in making a video with me, telling the world she was pregnant. I got dried and posted a quick and breezy tweet, reassuring everyone I was still alive, fit and healthy.

Okay, maybe not that last part. I pulled over my leather jacket and straightened my natural, curly hair. Ew. 

"Oh hey Dan." Scarlett opened the door. Her bump was noticeable and I couldn't help but smile to myself. She had been living at Autumn's since we broke up - and she looked great. "I haven't saw you in ages."

"Yeah, I know. Um, Phil told me you called." I said.

"Well, the baby kicked yesterday." She chirped.

"Wow. Can I come in?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, sorry." Scarlett apoligized, opening the door further to let me in. Autumn didn't seem to be here. I took a seat.

"Isn't Autumn here?"

"She's over at Chris'." Scarlett informed me.

"Wow, so are they like a thing?"

"I don't know. But when they're around, they are so damn cute together." Scarlett giggled.

Silence.

"You, you um look great." I coughed and she smiled.

"Yeah, so do you Dan." She replied.

"You know I erm, I regretted everything before. But now, I think it's better off this way." I told her.

"I couldn't aggree more." She nodded and her eyes widened. "Oh!" 

"Wh- what is it?" I asked, jumping up. "Is everything okay?"

"The baby is kicking again!"

"OMG!" I shouted, putting my hands on her stomach. I wanted to cry. "Oh my god."

We both looked up at each other at the same time and gazed for a few moments in each others eyes. It wouldn't have been so hard if she wasn't so beautiful. "Dan, I got a call... I have a scan in two days. I was wondering if you wanted to come. We're gonna find out the gender."

"Yes! What time? I'll be there!" I gasped in shock.

"Come over at two thirty. The appointment is at three, but we can have a cup of tea and a chat." 

"Alright Scar, bye."

"Bye Daniel." She said at the door frame.

"Don't call me that." I warned her but this time I wasn't as agitated as before. I quite liked being called Daniel, for a change...

Yeah guys so Dan and Scarlett aren't Dating...

"NOOOOO!"

But they are good friends, and in the next chapter you will find out the sex of the baby! 

"YAAAAAAAAY!"

Have a nice night, <3

Much Love, Rachel,

Ta ta x