Meeting the Parents (32)

Scarlet's POV

"I got the job!" I beamed happily. 

"Yes! That's great babe." Dan kissed me.

"Ew, stop." Phil said, sarcastically sounding disgusted.

"It's like the best week ever," Summer said, "you got your job, I got my part."

"Dan remember we have to my parents tonight." I mentioned and Dan nodded. 

"What time? He asked, his mouth stuffed with malteasers. I actually wasn't sure, I needed to be there for twelve... I turned my body counter clockwise to face the clock.

"Oh my actual god we have twenty minutes!" I said, standing up abruptly, "we don't have a lot of time!" I ran into my room, shuffling out of my pajamas and putting on my clothes. I chose some black skinny jeans and a soft white jumper with black stars on. I slid my feet into my VANS and before I knew it, it was time to leave.

Dan exited his bedroom wearing the only colourful item he owned. His Japanese designer shirt. I smiled, putting my hand on his chest. "You look hot." I whispered, and he smirked. He wrapped his arms around my waist and embraced me. He took my hand and we got the bus to my parents.

"SCARLET!!!" Hayley cried, running up to me. I kneeled down, picked her up and spun her around in the air. I heard Dan giggling behind me. Hayley jumped down and approached him, her hands on her hips. "And who are YOU?" She said rudely. 

Madeline ran into the room, grinning. "SCAR-" She stopped and flushed white, "Danis... danisnotonfire?"

Dan looked at me confused. "Uh, yeah?"

"ARE YOU DATING MY SISTER?" Maddy screamed, and Dan looked at me.

"Yes, yes I am..?" Dan said, his breath quavered.

"SCARLET I HATE YOU. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED DAN!" Madeline shrieked and stormed off in a huff. When she had left Dan burst out laughing.

"It's not funny you know." I playfully hit him. 

"Oh Scarlet, darling. I've missed you so much." My mum smiled, giving me a long waited hug. 

"I've missed you too." I said, squeezing her. I caught my dad looking at Dan, his nose pointed.

"You must be Daniel, Scarlet's boyfriend. I'm Stephen and that is Joan." My Dad said sternly. Dan straightened his posture quickly and nodded.

"Yes sir."

"What's your job...? My daughter must marry a rich and wealthy man." Dad told Dan and Dan quickly turned to me. I was laughing in my head.

"I - I'm an office person." Dan lied slowly, how was he supposed to describe youtube?

"NO HE IS NOT! HE IS A YOUTUBER!" Maddy made an appearance once again. Dan bit his lip.

"My daughter is dating a liar?" My dad said, raising his hand at Dan. I was positive he was going to hit him...  My dad put his hand down, laughing. "I'm only messing with ya!"

"Oh, right. Ha - ha." Dan laughed awkwardly. I literally face palmed.

"But, I do need to have a conversation with you... Scarlet, go help your mother making dinner. Dan, come with me."

Dan's POV

Scarlet's dad took my downstairs to the empty basement. I was literally scared of my life. I was almost positive he took me down here to murder me. "Want a beer?" He asked, putting his hand in the freezer and taking out a Jack Daniels.