24 Days

Summer's POV

"Twenty four days! Twenty four days!" Phil repeated excitedly. I swear, my boyfriend could act like such a child sometimes. He opened the first flap of his Hello Kitty Advent Calender. I opened the living room curtain to let some light in. It was beautiful outside, quite cloudy, but snow blanketed the ground and beautiful, delicate snow flakes fell effortlessly from the sky.

"What did you get?" I asked, handing Dan his Winnie The Pooh advent calender and Scarlet's Dora The Explorer one. I had a Barbie one. 

"It looks like an angel..." Phil said slowly, examining the small piece of chocolate in his hand. Dan bent over to have a look.

"That is not an angel. It looks like a horse!" Dan chuckled and Phil shrugged, before biting into the chocolate. I gave Dan his calender and he opened the first door.

"I got a Christmas pudding." He exclaimed, before swallowing the whole thing whole.

"So did I." I said. "Aren't you going to open the advent calender?" I asked Scarlet and she didn't answer. I know she heard, but she refused to look up from her laptop. "What could possibly be so interesting?" I walked up to her and stood behind the laptop.

"Um, Dan, who's Charlie Skies?" I asked Dan, not looking away from the screen. I gulped as Scarlet flicked through all his tweets.

"Whats he been saying?" Dan deeply sighed, approaching Scarlet's laptop. "Hate." Dan stated and looked at Scarlet. "Ignore him." He told her and I sighed. There was an awkward silence.

"Scarlet?" Phil asked.

"Mm?" She replied.

"Are you going to eat the chocolate out of your advent calender?" He asked, staring at her calender.

Scarlet looked up and giggled. "Well, yes I was." Phil looked disappointed and Dan and I were trying our hardest not to laugh. Phil was scared to say anything! "But you can have mine, if you want." Scarlet smiled and Phil looked at her eagerly.

"Can I really?" He grinned, his icy blue eys sparkling. I nodded. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Scarlet! You're the best!"

"Hm, that's weird." Dan stated, looking up from his iPhone. "What has Charlie been saying?" He asked and Scarlet looked up.

"He's been talking about Taylor, quite a lot. Actually." Scarlet admitted and Dan said a very bad word. He took his leather jacket of the peg and stormed out.

"Dan?" I called after him, we were all confused "Where are you going?" But we were too late, he had already left. Phil looked up after he had swallowed the chocolate.

"Where did Dan go?" He asked innocently and we all groaned. Phil was so oblivious. 

"We should put the Christmas tree up today." Scarlet announced. "I would love to get into the Christmas spirit." 

"Yes, we should! But we need Dan to help put it together and decorate it." I sighed "I'll text him."

"I go back to school tomorrow." Scarlet grimaced, "Oh the joys!"

"Tomorrow's Monday?" Phil asked and I nodded. "I think I might make a video today then."

"What about?" I asked curiously.

"CHRISTMAS!" Phil shouted. "I know, we should do a video. All of us! Putting the tree together." 

Dan's POV

It was snowing. Snow is pretty. I made my way over to Taylor's apartment, zipping up my coat. Scarlet had always liked the snow. I knocked on the door. I heard muffling on the other side but I couldn't make it out. I knocked again before calling her name. "Taylor? It's Dan, let me in!"