Love You (34)

Warning! This chapter has quite a few POV changes so be aware of them to avoid confusion. Enjoy the drama!

Dan's POV

"I'm messed up." I told Peej, Phil and Chris. I was at PJ's house because Scarlet kicked me out. Can you believe that? My own home. 

"Why don't we go out tonight?" Chris suggested but Phil bit his lip.

"Can Summer come, she's my girlfriend...." Phil told Chris. "To be honest I don't trust myself getting drunk."

PJ and Chris began to laugh, "Haha, don't worry mate. This is just for Dan. We will just buy him a few drinks to get over Scarlet."

"Thanks." I grinned checking the wall clock. It was just after six. "Hows about we get going now? Then we will have the whole night to ourselves." 

We all made our way to the local pub, just down the road from PJ's. I'd been there before, but this time I felt more weary. I don't know why. Even though we wern't dating anymore, it felt so wrong to got out and get a rebound.

Then again, no doubt she'd be with John tonight.

Scarlet's POV

I cried for hours and hours, my head burried into Summers jacket. She said she didn't care if I got it wet. Liar. I knew it was two hundread pounds from TopShop, of course she would care! This didn't stop me from crying.

I was so angry and distraught. It felt like someone had ripped out my heart, stamped on it ten times then shoved it back in there. It almost made me feel sick with guilt. At least we wern't broken up, which is for the best. We are just taken time to cool down.

Dan's POV

Yes, being chat up by some random girl I had met in the bar was absoulutely fine. After all, Scarlet and I had broken up. We wouldn't be getting back together anytime soon, either. "So, Dan, how you doing?" She slurred. She was clearly drunk.

"Uh, I'm good, thanks. How are you?" I stuttered, holding my breath. She came closer.

"Good." She breathed against my neck, the smell of alcohol was very strong.

"Wh- what's your name again? I don't think you told me..." I asked her and she smirked.

"Paris." She replies.

"Ah." I say slowly. Paris, city of love. Ironic much?

Scarlet's POV

I dragged the blade across my wrists again, muttering swear words as I did so. I hadn't cut for months, because of Dan. But now the reason was the oppsite. I was cutting because of him, he wasn't stopping me anymore. 

"What if we watch a girly movie tonight?" Summer suggested from the other side of the door. "Just us, we can have ice cream, chocolate..."

"No thanks," I replied, quickly pulling my sleeves down so she wouldn't see the cuts. I hid the knife and walked out of my room. "I think I'll just go to John's for a bit..."

"Oh no! Scarlet..." Summer said, dragging on my name.

"It's not like we're going to do anything." I assured her, "Dan and I are still dating."

She scrunched up her face. "This is not going to end well." I scoffed and ignored her. What did she know!? I took my mobile and headed out. "Scarlet... don't." She called after me but I began to pace out of the flat.

When I reached John's he opened the door. He could obviously tell I'd been crying. "Scarlet? Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked me and that's when the tears began to flow... effortlessly.

After half an hour John finally calmed me down. My fingers wrapped around the warm mug of hot chocolate he'd made me. Dan had never made me hot chocolate. "I'm such an idiot." I choked and his head jolted up. I gazed into his deep blue eyes.

"You're aren't. You're beautiful." His hands cupped my chin but I slapped them away.

"No, John. I can't. I'm sorry." I told him.

"What, why?" John asked, taken a back.

"It's not right. I'm still with Dan." I said, a tear slipping away from my eye.

"You never told me that. Now I'm the idiot." He sighed.

"No," I said again, "you're not. I'm sorry I never told you. I should go." I said standing up. Now I couldn't even look at him. There was a giant lump in my throat. I left his apartment and walked back to my place. Hopefully Summer would still be there, it was past midnight. I wonder what Dan would be doing now...

THE NEXT DAY

Dan's POV

It's hardly surprising if I say I woke up in Paris' arms. I was at Peej's place. In the spare room, he didn't seem to mind that I had brought a girl home. I pulled away the silk bed sheets and put on some clothes. I checked my phone messages, I had none but I noticed I had two missed calls from Scarlet.

I checked the voice messages. "Hey Dan, please call me when you get this. I just really wanted to say I'm sorry for the other night. I miss you, I still love you. Phil told me you're at PJ's so I'm coming round at eight."

EIGHT!? My hands scrambled around checking the time. I had five minutes until Scarlet comes. I shook Paris, waking her up.

"Oh, good morning." Paris whispered. "How was I... last night?" She winked.

Seriously?! "Oh, uh great. NO. Er, I don't know. Remember last night when I told you about that girl?"

"Sophie?"

"Yeah, her." I said quickly, not bothering to correct her. "Well she's coming, right now! So I kinda need you to leave, because I still love her and-"

Her finger pressed against my lips, "Say no more handsome. I just need to find my shoes, and I'll be gone."

"Right! Shoes!" I say, throwing all the pillows around. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I gestured for Paris to hide as I opened the door.

"Scarlet!" I say, pressing my lips against her. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, I am so sorry." She apologized, tears rolling down her cheeks. 

Thank God.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!!