Drama Llamas (31)

Scarlet's POV

"Dan where the fuck have you been?" I almost shouted at him as he walked into the living room, tears filled his eyes. My voice calm down when I saw "What's wrong?"

"Family drama." He croaked and I nodded, understanding.

"I know how you feel. Do you want to talk about it?" I tried consoling him but it didn't seem to work.

"My brother hates me."

"Your brother?" I asked. Dan nodded his head.

"Yeah, Adrian. Lots of my fans were being nosy about his personal life on Tumblr, and then he posted a status he may have regretted, telling Danosaurs to eff off. Now he has deleted his Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter, and blaming the whole thing on me."

"Oh." I said plainly, looking down at my knees. "I guess I don't know how you feel." Dan laughed uncertainly, and I half smiled. "That's good. I suspect you're feeling better?"

"No." He stopped laughing and shook his head. "I guess it just felt good to let it out. How was the job interview?"

"It was hardly an interview, Dan. They just gave me a form to fill out and told me they'd get back to me. I'm feeling pretty confident."

"Don't get your hopes up to high."

"Why?"

"Because I know how it feels to be let down." He sighed and walked off into his room. What was all that about? I mean, now I know why he's sad... but still.

I talk a lot of shit when I'm drinking, baby,
I'm known to go a little too fast.
Don't mind all my friends, I know they're all crazy,
But they're the only friends that I have.
I know I don't know you,
But I'd like to skip the small talk and romance, girl.
That's all I have to say so, baby, can we dance?

I answered my phone. It was Summer. "Hello, Sum?"

"OMG SCAR THE MEET UP WAS BRILLIANT. THE DIRECTOR LOVED MY VOICE, AND EVERYONE SEEMED REALLY NICE. CAN YOU BELIEVE REHEARSALS START NEXT MONDAY?!"

"I'm glad it was good." 

"You seem upset. Are you okay?" Summer's voice became quieter.

"Meh, it's just Dan."

"You's aren't arguing again, are you?"

"No. No, of course not." I told her , "I can't explain it over the phone. Come to Autumn's."

"See you there chick." Summer hung up and I sighed. 

I flicked on the television, but nothing good seemed to be on. I decided to stick with an old episode of The Simpsons, but I didn't laugh - which was unusual. I waited for what seemed forever for Summer to return home, when infact it was only fifteen minutes. She sat down, and I told her the full story.

"Ah, I see. I guess some of the fans are jerks."

"It's not that. Adrian shouldn't blame the whole thing on Dan. I've never seen him so upset."

"He is only sixteen, a year younger than you."

"You're right." I agreed. "Oh my life..."

"People would kill to have a life like yours. Dan Howell as your boyfriend."

"It really isn't that simple...." I frowned.

Elliot's Point of View

"What if I asked Scar if she wanted to come over for dinner tomorrow?" I asked our parents. Hayley and Madeline were once again, chasing each other around the house. Maddy had the sauce from her lunch, spaghetti and meatballs, smeared around her mouth. I believe she was threating to kiss Hayley.

"That'd be nice. Ask her to bring that boyfriend of hers, I'd love to meet him." Mum smiled, washing the dishes. I dialled Scarlet's number, hoping she'd answer.

"Hi, Elliot? Is that you?" Her fammiliar, soft tone asked.

"Yeah, how you doing Scar?"

"I'm great! I'm so happy you called." She squeaked.

"I was wondering, if you wanna come round for dinner tomorrow. Believe it or not, the girls miss you."

"Really? That'd be great! I've missed them too." Scarlet said.

"Mum and dad kinda want to meet your boyfriend." I gulped out and there was silence. Clearly not a good idea.

"Oh."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Dan is just going through a tough time at the moment, but I will ask him. Hang on." Silence, "DAAANNN? CAN YOU COME AND MEET MY FAMILY TOMORROW?" I heard a mumble, "THANKS DAN!" I pretended like I didn't say anything. "He said yeah."

"Yay! Can't wait to see you, Mum needs me to help clean Maddy up."

"Bet you're lost without my help?" she laughed.

"Of course not!" I muttered sarcastically, if one thing for definate. Scarlet and I shared a bond which no ever sibling would share. "Talk to you later."

"Bye Elliot!" I hung up and sighed. I approached Hayley who was bawling her eyes out.

"Hayls what's wrong?"

"Maddy kissed me." She sobbed.

I took a deep breath. "Madeline get your bum here right this instant and apoligise to your sister!" I shouted.

Maddy sauntered in, her shoulders hunched. "Sorry." She mumered and then padded back out. I guess that would have to do.