Pregnant (38)

Scarlet's POV

"Pr - pre - preg - pregnant?" I stammered. "But I, that's impossible. Dan and I were always super safe."

"Sometimes it doesn't work out." Phil said quietly. 

We all kinda stood there. Just us three. Phil and Summer's eyes were focused on my stomach. I clutched it. I felt sick, my stomach was churning.

"We should tell Dan. Like now." Summer said finally but I shook my head instantly.

"No no no. We er, we can't do that." I tell her. What if he got mad with me? He all ready hated me as it was. I couldn't bear it. Imagine just walking up to your ex boyfriend announcing that you're pregnant with his child.

"You have to!" Summer cried, tossing her hair "It's his child too."

"Believe me, I know Dan." Phil said, "He will be overjoyed."

"No he wont!" I whimpered. "Please please don't say anything."

"Scar-" Summer started.

"No! No don't." I cried again, tears flooding down my cheeks. Hormones, much? 

"Come on. I'll drive you." Phil offered.

So Phil had to drag me, literally, to his car and I even considered shouting 'RAPE', because I wanted him to stop. Summer pushed me in as they both clambered into the front. "I don't want to do this." I groaned loudly. I really didn't. 

We reached Dan's place and Phil awkwardly knocked on the door. "Oh, hey Phil," Dan smiled but his beautiful smile turned into a frown when he saw me. "Wh- what are you doing here?" He stammered, not making any eye contact.

Dan looked terrible. He hadn't been making the effort at all. His hobbit hair was mad, all over the place. He was wearing his 'HOWL' shirt and it had some remains of orange food on it. Chicken, probably. I hid behind the door frame, frightened. 

"Scarlet has something to tell you," Summer said to Dan, pushing me in front of her. "We're going to leave and give you's two some privacy." 

Summer and Phil left so it was just me and Dan. We kinda stood facing each other, not speaking or communicating any way. "So, erm, what is it you want to tell me?" Dan asked me.

"Oh it's really not that important." I said too quickly. He pulled a face and I gulped.

Yes Scarlet. You know, you're pregnant with your ex boyfriend's kid. But that's okay. No biggie.

"It's not? Well then, I think you should go." Dan said quietly. I nodded and walked back over to the door.

"Dan... you're going to be a dad." I said quietly, facing the white door. Silence. My eyes squeezed shut tightly. "Dan...?" I asked and turned around.

"I - I am, er, what? H- how?" He stammered quietly, "bu- but we..."

"Yeah I know." I nodded, blinking away the tears.

"You-?"

"Yes." I replied. 

"I-"

"Yes." I repeated.

"But?" Dan whispered but a his lips began to curve and form into a smile. "I- I'm going to be a dad!" He gasped, his big brown eyes wide. He ran his fingers through his chocolate brown and wavy hair.

"Yes!" I grinned happily running up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled away and he opened his mouth.

"Does that mean we are like a couple again?" He smiled.

"Woah woah woah." I said shaking, "Um no Dan."

"But, wouldn't it be better for the baby?" His smile disappeared.

"It probably would be... but I can't trust you." I shook my head. "Dan it was all to much, I-"

"I know." He finished. "I was just thinking about how much I missed you, Scar. Everything about you."

"Please don't Dan. Don't finish. I can' t be dealing with this right now..."

"Right, you and John. You're together right?" Dan shook his head in despair. "Of course."

"Oh my actual god Dan! Are you still on to that?!" I bawled at him. Wow, this was the argument all over again.

"How can I believe that?!" Dan shouted back.

"John and I did nothing together, and we never will." I retorted.

"Why?"

"Because I love you!" I screamed. What... why did I say that? I didn't love him. I couldn't, not after what he did! Why did I say that?! Oh yeah, because you're madly in love with this idiot. I forgot.

"What..?" Dan asked quietly.

"What?" I replied, hoping he'd get confused.

"You... you love me?"

"I er, well that's um. . ." I paused, "That's a very good question. But I believe we are all out of time this evening. Join us again next week, bye!" I said very quickly before leaving Dan's apartment.

I slammed the door shut and leaned my back against it. I did. I loved him. "Scar?" Dan asked and opened the front door.

"Ah!" I screamed falling to the ground. 

"Woah." Dan said, looking down at me. I stumbled to my feet. 

"Yeah, thanks for the help." I muttered sarcasm dripping from my tone.

"I love you." He tells me, looking into my eyes. I gazed into his brown orbs. My arms found themselves wrapped around his neck and his hands were around my waist. He pulled me in closer to him as our tongues intertwined.

"I love you too." I mumble against his skin.

I was pretty unsure about this chapter but I hope you liked it <3 

Please comment, follow me and vote :3 

Much love x