Shock, Horror. (47)

This chapter is slightly triggering and  may be upsetting.

Phil's POV

"I'm leaving." Scarlett announced, not even glancing at Dan. He obviously didn't care. She took a deep breath and walked out of the apartment. 

"Well I should go now too." Dan said quietly, emptying the remains of his orange juice into the sink.

"You're unbelievable." Summer sighed at Dan.

"Excuse me?" Dan asked, raising his eyebrow. "I don't have time to argue, I have a date." Dan said and walked off.

Hm, I was almost positive it wasn't a date. All Dan said was it was just a drink, probably at Costa Coffee or if he has no money, Asda cafe. Summer and I were alone. For once in a while.

Scarlett's POV

I lay down on the white bed sheets in the white room. "Good afternoon Miss Evans. Is Mr Howell not coming today?" She asked me, while rolling up my shirt.

"Uhm no, he got caught up with something." I choked and Joan looked at me with sympathy. Her eyes widened when looking at the sonogram.

"Oh dear..." Joan said quietly, dialing a number on her pager. 

"Wh- what?!" I cried. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?!"

"Uhm, you, you're gonna need to go into surgery."

"Is my baby girl okay?" I asked her, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Well..." Nurse Swainston stuttered.

"Answer me! Yes or no?" I questioned Nurse Swainston.

"She is in an unstable condition."

Dan's POV

I came running in the apartment, holding the bunch of flowers I bought for Scarlett. The argument we had earlier was pathetic, and I wanted to make it up to her. 

"You're home early. Did you hear?" Summer whimpered quietly, hiccuping too. Phil pulled her into a hug.

"What, no?" I said. "Is everything alright?"

"It's Scarlett. Well, no, it's not. It's your baby girl. She's very sick. Scarlett went into surgery a few hours ago."

I dropped the flowers and began to shake. I couldn't feel my arms or legs. I was numb. "Oh my god." I cried, wiping away the tears from my eyes but they still rolled down. Phil and Summer stood up and approached me.

"Don't worry Dan, she'll make through it. She's Scarlett. She's a fighter." Phil reassured but I pushed him away.

"No. No. It's my baby. I need to see Scarlett now." I said, putting my jacket on.

"It's past visiting time." Summer told me, sobbing.

"But I have to see her!" I yelled, opening the door.

"It's no use Dan. They won't let you in."

I didnt care. I ran, ran and ran. Far, far away. I didn't go to Autumn's. I didn't go to Chris', or Peej's. I didn't go to Carrie's or even Angela's place. I fell to my knees in the park. I was alone. I had nobody. The rain splattered down from the grey sky and onto me, soaking my hair, making it drip.

This can't be happening. Not to me.