The Trail (35)

Dan's POV

"You're an idiot Dan! Don't you ever think?" Chris shouted throwing his hands in the air. PJ nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I know I am." I sighed, running my fingers through my hobbit hair. "But it's okay. She came back, she still loves me, all is fine."

"No. No it's not!" PJ laughed. "You didn't think about the trail." 

"What? What's the trail?" I stuttered.

"The trail! It's like Chinese whispers. Do you think Paris will tell anyone about the other night?" PJ asked and I gulped.

Who could she tell? "Ugh, I don't know!" Then the bartender came to mind. Issac, I think his name was. Issac was her friend. "Issac." I muttered to myself before running to the bar I had went to last night, when I arrived I was out of breath. Yes, Dan, you're totally fit. You can't even run across the road without having a mini heart attack.

"Issac!" I said, "did Paris tell you anything what happened last night?"

"You dog!" He exclaimed, grinning and winking.

"Ugh, yes. NO, I'm not, Issac. You didn't tell anyone did you?" I asked him, hoping he'd say no.

"Yeah, I told my sister, Jill."

"Where can I find Jill?" I murmured.

"She works at the studios. This big Broadway musical thing...Romeo and Juliet or something."

That sounded familiar...

"Thanks Issac." I said, turning my heel and running to the studios. I had to get there before Scarlet found out I cheated. "Hi, Jill is it?!" I asked the tall blonde girl whose name said 'Jill.'

"Yeah... and you are?" she asked me, eyeing me up and down.

"Dan. Dan Howell. "

"YOU." She said loudly. "You did a very bad thing. Very bad."

"Yes, yes I did. But please... you didn't tell anyone did you?"

"Just my friend Summer Jones. She has just went home." 

NO. I cursed before running back to Autumn's place.

Summer's POV

"Where did you put it?!" Phil screamed, looking around the whole apartment.

"If I knew I would have told you!" Autumn exclaimed. 

"We should check Dan's room." I suggested and looked at Scarlet. "Are you okay?" I asked her. I had to tell her the truth, she was my best friend. I was starting to think it was a bad idea though, because she was all droopy. Every now and again you'd hear the random sob or hiccup. Dan had cheated.

"I'll live." She muttered, "I knew from the beginning Dan was bad news." She whispered, tears falling down her cheeks. 

"Okay." I said quietly and walked into Dan's room. As soon as I shut the door I turned to PJ and Chris.

"How is she?" Chris asked.

"Not good." I replied.

"Oh." Pj said.

"Where is the damn Mario Kart game Autumn?!" Phil shrieked.

"Shush Phil." I said. I could hear the front door open. Dan.

Scarlet's POV

Dan walked up to me, his eyes were red and tears were forming. "Scarlet, I-" He said, walking up to me, taking my hand. I jolted away.

"Don't touch me." I said harshly, turning my back.

"What I did was wrong and I am so sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking I guess I was drunk and-"

"Dan you slept with another woman!" I shouted, getting up from the sofa and walking away from him.

"Yes, I know but-"

"No buts!" I cut him off. "It's as simple as it sounds. Why didn't you tell me? I had to hear it from Summer. How do you think that made me feel?"

"I thought you'd be angry." he admitted.

"Yet sleeping with someone else was worth ruining our whole relationship!" I shouted, chucking a cushion from the couch at him. He ducked.

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" Dan shouted back at me. And that was when the tears began to fall. I couldn't stop them either. "I didn't know what you were doing! You could be sleeping with John."

"So you didn't trust me!?" I shouted. "What's a relationship with out trust?!"

"WE BROKE UP!" Dan hissed, his teeth gritted together. 

"No Dan. We were on a break."

"That for all I knew was a break up." Dan said,

"You think you can get out of this on a technicality?" I asked him.

"No, I am just so sorry." He said, running up to me. Now was crying too. "I just can't imagine what my life would be like without you. Without these hands." He took hold of my hands and then he cupped my face "Your beautiful face." I shook my head, wishing he'd stop. His hands followed down to my chest, "and you're good heart."

Dan began to kiss me. I let him at first but then I pushed him away. "No Dan! You can't just kiss me! That doesn't make it better! Okay? It doesn't work like that."

"Please..." He whispered. 

"No!" I repeated, "I really wish I could take you back, I really do. But now I just can't stop picturing you with her and I-"

"It was all Phil's, PJ's and Chris' idea!"

Summer's POV

"It was all Phil's, PJ's and Chris' idea!" I heard Dan shout. I turned to the three boys.

"Phil? Care to explain?" I asked my boyfriend who had gone pale white.

"Uh, no." Phil stammered out, "I just-"

"And hows that?" I heard Scarlet hiss through the other side of the door.

"They told me to go out! Get a drink, meet some girls." Dan said and my eyes flickered from Chris to PJ. I applauded sarcastically.

"Well done!" I said, "you broke the best couple ever up. Great going."

"But Phan..." Chris joked but I wasn't having it today.

"DON'T 'PHAN' ME!" I shouted maybe too loud. Dan and Scarlet couldn't know that we were listening to their argument. Chris frowned and jumped back.

"I can't believe you two! And Phil... I'm so disappointed." I shook my head and Phil pouted.

"Sorry Summer."

Scarlet's POV

"Ugh Dan, I should have known!" I said quietly. My voice was croaky and hurting from all this shouting.

"No, please Scar I love you." Dan whimpered.

"I think you should go now." I told him but he shook his head.

"No."

"Dan. Leave." I said, pointing to the door.

"This can't be the end of us?" He choked out.

"Then how come it is?" ...

Hope you enjoyed this dramatic chappie! Pls comment and vote and etc bc you are just amazing and all of that :D

-Rachie xxx