Deciding on a name (54)

Scarlett's POV

"So, we're going to need a name for this little munchkin, have anything in mind?" Nurse Swainston asked as I cradled the baby.

"Well, what about Delia? You see, I really like that name but Scarlett is saying no constantly." Dan sighed.

"Dan, we aren't calling our child after some chef you like!" I yelled.

"Haha, Delia Smith?" Nurse Swainston asked.

"Ah, yes! See, she knows who the beautiful cook is!" Dan exclaimed, grinning at Nurse Swainston who let out a giggle.

"What about Philippa?" Phil asks. I shake my head, no.

"What about Hannah?" He asks again. I shake my head, no.

"Caroline?" I shake my head, no.

"Uhm, Chloe?" I shake my head, no.

"Well I love those names!" Phil gasps and then takes a sharp breath.

"What about Bella, you see I like that name!" Dan said.

"Oh, so something different from Delia, eh?" Summer laughed.

"Actually I liked that name too." I agreed. 

"So let's call her Bella!" Dan smiled.

"Hm, no. She just doesn't look like a Bella." I sighed. It was no use!

"What about Belle?"

"No! She reminds me of the princess of beauty and the beast."

"True."

"Why don't you call her Anna, after your grandma?" I asked Dan, and his lips curved.

"That's nice, but she'd remind me too much of her." Dan replied.

"This is no use!" I give up. "We'll just have to call her Baby Girl."

"So original." Summer replies, sarcastically.

"What about Annabel?" Dan asks eventually.

Annabel,

Annabel.

"I like that." I whisper.

"Annabel Hope?"

"Yeah, that's beautiful." I smile up to Dan, my cheeks burning.

"Well there you go, Annabel Hope Evans." Nurse Swainston smiled, picking up a pen.

"No, no. Annabel Hope Howell." I corrected her. I wanted my daughter to have Dan's surname. He just smiled down at me, and kissed me on my forehead. My eyes met Annabel's and she smiled.

"Hello Annabel, how you doing? Bet you're glad we picked a name for you!" I laughed cheesily at Annabel and she giggled.

"I love you darling." Dan said to Annabel and she looked up at her daddy.