Going Home

Dan's POV

One Week Later

"Scarlet Evans, you may prepare to discharge from the hospital." The doctor said, and walked out the room. A huge grin formed on Scarlet's face. I had never seen her happier. Her black eye was fading, slowly but surely, and a few days ago the nurses took Scarlet and stitched her cut up. She seemed like her ordinary self again, and I couldn't be more happy. Like I promised, I would stay with Scar, and make sure nothing happened to her.

I stood up, and helped Scarlet out of her bed. The stitches were 'uncomfortable' and made her walk on a limp. I helped her pack her bags and called a taxi to pick us up. In the taxi I sent Phil a message.

-We are coming back home now! :D

That's awesome, hows Scarlet?-Phil

-She's never been better. We are in the taxi now - see you soon.

"Thank you Dan, for staying with me. I don't know what I would have done without you!" Scarlet exclaimed, smiling. I grinned back at her. That. Smile.

"No problem Scar. Remember a few days ago, when we erm, when we kissed?" I asked Scarlet, she looked up at me.

"How could I forget?" She asked and I smiled.

"Well um, do you want to, maybe, like, be my girlfriend?" I stuttered, causing the cabbie and Scarlet to laugh. Way to go Dan.

"Yes!" Scarlet screamed, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Oh, I wish I had a girlfriend," the cabbie grimaced. Scarlet and I gave a weird and confused look. "It's just me and Smokey, my grey cat." 

"Um, I'm sure you'll find the perfect woman one day." Scarlet assured him.

"NO, I won't." He hummed, "It's just me and the cat on a Saturday night, singing Beyonce on the Karaoke." 

"Yeah - so I think this is our stop." I said quickly, to avoid the cabbie talking anymore about karaoke nights with Smokey the cat. 

Scarlet and I walked into the apartment, hand in hand. I opened the front door to see Summer and Phil making out on the sofa. "Oh god - OKAY!" I said, slamming the front door shut. Scarlet giggled uncertainly. "Phil," I knocked on the door "Stop sucking up your girlfriend's face and let me in." Phil opened the door with no shirt on. "Put a shirt on!" I ordered him as Scarlet and I walked into the flat.

Luckily, Summer was still fully dressed and she jumped up. "Scarlet, you're back!" She screamed excitedly.

"Yep, I am. Guess what?" Scarlet said, smiling.

"What?" Summer said.

"Dan and I are officially dating!" Scarlet said her smile getting wider. The two girls screamed and laughed together. They must just be happy for her to be back. Phil approached me and patted my back.

"Nice going mate." He applauded me. I couldn't be happier now that Scarlet and I were in an official relationship, because I love her. I really, really love her. There was a knock on the door. Summer walked over to answer it. My face dropped. No. It couldn't be...

Taylor.

"Oh hey Summer, I thought you'd be here!" Taylor giggled.

"I told you I would be here." Summer said awkwardly. Taylor huffed and pushed past Summer and barged into our house. Phil and Scarlet were talking in the kitchen. 

"Hey Dan!" Taylor said, wrapping her arms around my waist. I pushed her away.

"Woah Tay, stop it." I warned her, confused. 

"Oh c'mon!" Taylor laughed and kissed me, but I pushed her away. Thank god, Scarlet didn't see. "Okay Taylor, I think it's time for you to go."

"Not yet, Daniel." She giggled and walked up to Scarlet. Oh god.

"Hey, you're Scarlet aren't you?" She said sweetly.

"Hm, oh, yeah. Nice to meet you." Scarlet smiled.

"Aw, you and Dan are so cute."

"Thank you." Scarlet thanked her.

"Well I have the greatest idea. Hows about I take you out tonight to get some mani - pedi's done? Hmmm?" Taylor asked Scarlet and she looked at Summer.

"Only if Summer can come along too." Scarlet said.

NO.

"That would be great! We can make a video; Scarlet, Summer and Taylor's Day Out!"

"Um yeah," Summer said slowly and looked at me again. She even knew this was a bad idea.

"I can't wait! Summer will take you over to mine sometime tonight. I'll be there whenever, okay?" Taylor smiled and Scarlet nodded uncertainly.

"Great! See you later." Taylor squeaked and skipped out.

"What was that all about?" Phil asked, looking at all of us.

"I have a feeling we will find out soon." I raised my eyebrow.