Eighteen- No Attachment

| Thursday November 5, 2015 |

It was a long and uneventful Thursday. I sat in my office trying to finish up paper work and research.

I looked into what Jin had told me about his immortality. Jacob was unable to find any further information on the Anges du Vaudou so it was all up to me now. Maybe I could find something hidden. Or metaphorically related to it.

"Can we go back to the hotel yet?" Farouk complained from where he laid on the sofa. He was awake now. Finally, he only slept half the day away.

"I'm busy. You wanna go, then go."

He only groaned and turned back to the side of the sofa. I swear he was like a child sometimes. Half the time that's what it felt like I was bringing to work with me.

I opened up a webpage about myths and supernatural beings around us.

The site had a lot of information and a lot of symbolic references but none of them satisfied what I was looking for.

"You're not going to find anything on him or even close on the damn computer. Now will you shut that thing and can we go? It's already almost 10:00," Farouk continued to complain.

I looked over at him slightly aggravated. He was right though. I should just call it a night and go back to the hotel. Maybe I could bring the computer with me and continue there without him complaining.

I sighed as I turned off my computer and organized my desk for the morning. I really wasn't tired at all even though the day was dreadfully long.

I shut the computer and stood as I grabbed my satchel and purse. "Okay, let's go."

Farouk jumped up. "Finally."

We walked out of the building in silence and went for the subway.

"Prane?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned to see Ravi and Hyuk standing with surprised looks on their faces.

"Annyeong."

"Did you just get done with work?" Hyuk looked at me.

"Yea. I had a lot of paperwork to finish. What are you guys doing out this way?"

"We're going to meet the rest of the guys at a bar. Wanna come?" Ravi was quick to invite me.

"I don't think so," I spoke. "I've had a long day and I just need to relax."

"All the more reason you should come." He smiled at me. "Ease your mind and nerves with a few drinks."

He was really trying to convince me. And it was kind of working. A quick drink didn't sound too bad after the long week I've been having.

"Fine. But I have to go back to my hotel first. If I have these heels on any longer I'm not going to be walking."

Hyuk laughed. "Okay." They both walked toward me to follow.

...

I'd changed into a more comfortable outfit and shoes to go out for the night. It wasn't too cold out but I brought a sweater anyway just in case.

I left Farouk back at the hotel so I was on my own tonight. The three of us now walked through the entrance to a mellow bar. The setting was soothing and more romantic than meant for dance. It was somewhat of a restaurant and bar actually. The food smelled good. It made my stomach turn in hunger. I hadn't eaten a lot all day due to work. And I just realized it now.

The other four men sat at a table near the back. Two of them talked to other women and the others talked to one another and were on their phones.

Hongbin looked up and smiled at me as I walked up to them. "Prane! I didn't know you were tagging along. You just brightened my entire night by 100 percent." He spoke with an innocently playful and joyful tone.