Forty- Comfort

{{{ Author's Note~ Hey guys. So I'm posting today thanks to Bts-trash40 who's exact words were "You need to update!!!! I need to make sure prane is safe!!!!!!" 😂😂 so you can all thank her. Lol enjoy.}}}

| Tuesday January 19 - Thursday January 21, 2016 |

(Jae's POV)

I sat in the waiting room impatiently. My body wouldn't stop moving. I was too anxious to wait like this. My heart drummed in my chest fiercely.

She always seemed to get herself into trouble, didn't she? The worst trouble at that. Please be okay. Dammit, why does she get herself into stuff like this? What was she even doing?

What would happen if she didn't make it? How would everyone react? How would Jin react? How would I even tell him?

"Kangjun Jae-Seung?" I heard my name.

I looked up and I was on my feet. "Ne?"

The doctor waved her hand signaling for me to follow after her. We walked in silence down the busy hallway. I couldn't take it. I had to know.

"Is she okay? Did she make it?" I asked.

"She'll survive. We managed to remove the bullet in one piece. It just missed her spine. She's very lucky," she looked at me as she explained.

"Thank god," I sighed out with relief. This woman is going to be the death of me. She's going to be the death of all of us.

The doctor led me into a secluded room that was dimly lit. The haunting sound of a heart monitor beeping steadily filled the room. The sound reminded me of my childhood. I hated being sick. I hated being so close to the kiss of death. Feeling her haunting lips just brush mine tauntingly.

There she was. Lying in bed peacefully unconscious. Her skin was pale and her body looked so weak. She was a sleeping beauty for sure. Royalty, with skin that should be untouched by someone like me. A queen of her own kind.

I sat down beside her now and placed my hand over hers. It was slightly chilled. The same as mine had always been when I was sick.

"Here are her clothes. You may stay with her as long as you'd like." The doctor handed me a bag with her clothes in it.

"The nurse will be in frequently to change her bandages and check up on her. If there are any problems you can consult a nurse at the front desk, alright?"

I nodded to her. "Thank you."

After that she left. I looked back to Prane. "Jesus, Prane. Why do you always have to worry us all so much?"

"You do realize she can't actually hear you, right?" There was a voice from the corner of the room.

I looked up to see her mysterious friend. Farouk.

"I know." I looked at him. "Why didn't you stop her? You knew she was going to get hurt. So why didn't you do anything?"

"I can't interfere with the future like that. To tamper with something so severe is forbidden. Little things here and there aren't dangerous, but this is." He looked down to her and brushed his hand feebly against her cheek.

"Don't you care at all?" I stood up angrily.

He glared at me. "Of course I care. I've been with this girl longer than any of you can say," he hissed at me. "But there are just some things beyond my control. She'll be fine. She always has been and she always will be." His tone calmed. He glanced back down to her. "She was blessed that way," he sighed.