Twenty Six- Innocent Memories

Hey guys. I'm feeling generous today so here's an early chapter ;)

{{{Author's Note~ eomma=mother, abba=father, hyung=brother}}}

| Saturday November 28 - Sunday November 29, 2015 |

After my swift and 'miraculous' recovery, I was back to work the next day. I had worked the weekend to catch up on my time and it was now Saturday morning and there had been a call for a new appearance of a victim in Bugaksan Park. Right now I was sticking mainly to the original case at hand to keep things a bit easier.

I stepped out of the police vehicle with Soji and Ki-Min. The scene wasn't very busy yet. The team members were the first responders today. The others had come in separate vehicles.

As we walked up the trail in silence a guide met us near a set of stairs with tears in her eyes. She spoke in Korean but Rin quickly translated for me.

"She says the tour guides were walking the trails this morning and they discovered the body at the bottom of the bank."

"Okay. Can you show us the way?"

Rin translated. She nodded and we all followed. Yoo Joon had a camera slung around his neck ready to snap the first shots of the scene before we moved in and began to recover the body. Jae carried the bag of equipment to take samples. Soji had our gloves and protective wear if we needed it.

We reached the bottom of the cliff bank and there the body was, on its back. It was an older man who looked like he was in his forties. He was pale in skin tone and had dark hair and a hard face.

We stood by and prepared the equipment while Yoo Joon snapped some photos of the victim and surroundings.

"First things first, let's try to identify this man. You know the drill. All loose articles off. If he has a phone, a wallet... Ki-Min you're in charge of scanning ID. If there is none we crack into his phone. Call the last or the most called number on the phone and see if we can get a name. An address. I wanna know where this man is from. When he was last heard from. Where he was last seen. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am." They all looked at me.

"Alright, let's get this done right. Jae, Yoo Joon, Tamaki, Rin and Soji, I want you five scouting the area for blood and other items that may look suspicious."

They nodded before grabbing their gloves and equipment and separating into the bushes and trees. Ki-Min, Hye and I slipped our gloves on and walked over with containers and bindle folds. I knelt at one side while Ki-Min and Hye knelt at his other.

The man looked about 5'8" with wide shoulders and small hands. He was dressed in sports wear. He must've been hiking. I plucked at small fibers and crumb samples on his sweater and separated them into holders.

I went to the slice in his shirt. There it was. The signature stitch. Seeing it now made my side ache at the memory of experiencing one of my own. How had it behaved so differently for me but not for them? Had it only worked on living victims? Were these people dead before they were sewn back together? It still didn't make much sense. The possibility of them not being dead at all seemed reachable, but not, at the same time. The strangest things were happening lately. At this point I would believe anything.

"Are you alright?" Ki-Min snapped me away from my thoughts.

"Hm?" I looked up at him. "Yea, I'm fine."

"If you need to take a break you know you can, Prane. We all understand you're still recovering." He stared at me with concern.

"It's alright, I'm fine. Just thinking is all."