Twenty Two- No More Anger

| Sunday November 15, 2015 |

I walked through the chilled night now as I made my way for the cable car station.

Lily's funeral was two days ago. It was a miserably bitter cold day but the sun shone brightly. Many personnel from HQ showed up along with the entire team. Her family cried continuously but I had stopped myself from joining them. She was a great friend of mine but life goes on. And if I let her death affect me too much, it will impair my mind from my work. She brought me here to do that exactly, so the best way to honor her would be to move on and bring this homicide to an end.

There was quite a bit of people out here now. The station wasn't crowded as people made their way to cars to go up the cable line. I spotted Jin standing off with another girl who was standing close to him and continued to bat her eyes at him. It was almost comic. If she'd known the extent of the things he's done, she'd be running instead of moving closer.

I walked up to him. "Jin," I spoke calmly.

The girl, who was a short blonde, gave me an annoyed and envious glare before she turned and walked away.

He smirked at me. "You're scaring away my company."

"The less company you have the better," I spoke to him as I stood to face him now.

"You're looking much better. Feeling better too?"

I nodded. "Thank you for the soup. It really helped."

He gave me a warm smile. "Any time." He held his hand out to me. "Shall we?"

I placed my hand in his carefully. We waited for the next car and stepped into it alone. I saw the blonde girl standing on the platform now giving me a death glare. If she wanted him so badly she couldn't have him. I was only stopping her for her own safety. She'll find someone less dangerous. This one is my property. The law's property.

Jin leaned against the wall and looked down through the window. The glow of the city lights cast into the car shading his face with colorful tints.

His whole being looked relaxed where he stood. His shoulders slacked and he looked well rested.

"So how is the case coming along?" He looked to me.

I gazed out the window with him. "You should know. You're the one feeding me the information."

"Yes, but the information is meant for you to run with."

"Well you're not doing a very good job then because there's not much to work with."

"Of course there is. Maybe you're losing your touch. Or maybe you just never had it." He leaned down to me with a cocky smirk spread across his face.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Why? Is tonight your big reveal?"

"No. Not yet. That information is a bit pricier." He gave me a sardonic grin.

"Well then what are you sharing with me tonight?"

He leaned back and looked at me with a meticulous gaze. He was searching me. But for what?

"What is your team doing with the stitches so far?"

"What?" I looked at him.

"What are you guys doing with the stitches? What have you uncovered about them?"

"Is this some way to taunt me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me perplexed.

"Your little stitch game? It's meaningless to me other than it being your signature. You knew we'd test that first didn't you? And you knew it would come up to be useless. So now you're gonna tease me with it right?" I snapped at him.

He laughed slightly with amusement. "So you really haven't figured it out yet?"

I almost looked at him surprised now. Figured it out? What was I supposed to figure out? He must be toying with me. We pulled those stitches apart and scrutinized every piece, every aspect, every component of them. They're meaningless. Their makeup is strange, it's interesting, but it hasn't been uncovered to serve a purpose to us as of yet. "What?"

He leaned his back against the wall and folded his arms over his chest as he smiled at me. "The stitch has a purpose you know."

"How? What does it do?" I engaged him.

"It does something to the body. Did you really believe that it was so meaningless? Especially with the position it's in?" He almost laughed again.

What did that damn stitch do then? We looked at everything! We searched everything. Every company. Every component in the make up of this strange stitch. Every purpose of those components. He was fooling with me. He had to be. The bodies were flawless. There wasn't a single foreign disturbance with them.

"You're joking."

"Why would I be?"

"We've done everything. We've checked every aspect. There's no way we could've missed something."

"Well you did."

"Then what? What, Jin? Tell me what did we miss?" I stepped closer to him. He was really frustrating me. I just wanted to shake the answer out of him.

"Look closer," he spoke softly.

"Really? How much closer do I have to look? I don't have your super human vision or your swiftness. I don't have the knowledge you do. Stop making me look like a fool."

He gave me a warm grin. "I'm making you look like a fool now? Are you sure you aren't doing that on your own?" He poked the tip of my nose.

I swatted his hand away and let out a sigh as I averted the sight of him. We had to almost be at the top of the cable by now. The city was beautiful up here. It was an amazing sight. If only I could really enjoy it.

"So what is it you want now?" I asked without looking at him.

"Well, you seem pretty upset and stressed, so I suppose I'll relieve you of that."

I looked at him. "What?"

He brought himself closer to me and pressed his forehead carefully against mine. "Just relax."

Suddenly I felt a wave of dizziness overwhelm me but before I could fall Jin steadied me with his grip at my waist. My body felt immediately exhausted and weary. My head spun with a whirl of air. If Jin hadn't been holding me I would've tipped over. The feeling was almost like being massively drunk.

The feeling faded quickly and my body felt relaxed and slightly high with enlightened feelings. What the? I looked up to Jin who pulled away now.

"How did y-"

"Comes with the whole memory kind of thing. We can take away the memory of feeling a certain emotion temporarily."

"Oh."

"Can you stand alright?" He looked at me now. "Sorry, I haven't done that in a while. I forgot it can be quite overwhelming for some people." He smiled bashfully.

"Y-yea I'm fine." I straightened myself up.

"Good." He grinned.

I felt like a huge weight had lifted off of my shoulders. Everything felt so complacent and joyful. I felt like nothing was wrong in the world. It was a comforting lie.

"Well," Jin spoke as the cable car slowed to a stop, "I hope the information I gave you was helpful." He smiled at me. "Until next time." He looked at me with a gentle gaze and bowed his head slightly in goodbye before helping me off the cable car and then parting ways.

What was his purpose for, if anything, doing me such a favor? How often did he get away with persuading people not to feel a certain way simply by stealing that emotion from them? I swayed a little on my feet as I walked. I had enough control to know I wasn't going to fall. But I still somehow felt like I was drugged. Like the world was spinning at my feet.

I suppose I should be thankful I get a break from my stress and frustration, but the idea almost felt violating. I walked back to my hotel in silence as I pondered on the light side of my emotions.