Twenty Eight- Irresistible Sins

{{{Author's Note~ Okay, okay. I'm feeling super generous today and I'm celebrating my last ever first day of high school today and my boyfriend's bday. So to celebrate, I'm gifting you readers two extra chapters 😎 I'm also just really anxious to introduce someone new here very soon 😂.}}}

(Prane's POV)

I laid on my sofa—bundled up in a blanket—against Farouk. I could always count on him for warmth. I leaned against him reading the book Jin had given to me as Farouk slept peacefully. It was nine now but I wasn't all that tired. I hadn't been sleeping much lately.

There was a soft knock on the door that interrupted me from my reading. I got up carefully trying my best not to wake Farouk and walked to the door. I opened it and my eyes met Jin. He stood in the doorway with tired and weak eyes. His body was beaten. His face was bruised in several spots and his lip was split. His shirt was dirty with blood but there didn't look to be enough for it to be coming from him.

"What happened to you?" I gasped and pulled him inside.

"I need to lay down." His voice was frail and sounded almost sad.

"Of course. Come." I helped him to the bedroom slowly. His body trembled with exhaustion. He looked like he was about ready to fall over. I helped him down onto the bed gently and pulled the blanket out from beneath him.

"Arms up," I demanded him. What happened to him? Did he and Hongbin get into a fight? It didn't look like a fight. It looked worse than a fight. What did Hongbin look like? Was he worse? Was he better? Did Jin really do as he said he would and kill him? I pulled his shirt gently over his head and then helped him into a laying position. I felt like I was taking care of a patient in a hospital. Assisting in everything they did.

He sighed out in exhaustion. "Thank you," he spoke softly.

"I'll be right back. Don't move around too much," I spoke to him before going to the bathroom. I had a healing cream somewhere in here. I bent down peering into the cabinet searching through the small amount of stuff I brought with me. I found the cream and pulled it out. I filled a small bowl with lukewarm water and rushed back out to the bedroom grabbing a rag on the way.

"Alri-" I stopped when I saw Jin was pretty much already asleep. The exhaustion must've knocked him out. His bruises had faded to nothing before my eyes and the cut on his lip was gone. The only sign that he'd been hit was the small bit of blood left on his lip and the bloodstain on his chest. I walked over quietly and dipped the tag into the water. I drained it out and wiped carefully on his lip and then wiped away the stain on his torso. I managed not to disturb him all that much and once I'd cleaned him up, I pulled the blanket up over him and left him to rest.

I closed the door slightly and walked to the kitchen to rinse the blood stained rag and dump the water. Farouk was awake again and looked over to me now.

"Jin here?" he asked as he stretched.

I nodded. "He's asleep."

I walked back to the sofa now and covered myself back in the blanket as I sat beside Farouk.

"You were cleaning him up?" He smirked at me.

"Yes."

He chuckled slightly. "Since when did you take care of your criminals?"

"It's common curtesy, and he would've gotten blood on the white bed sheets." I rolled my eyes trying to get him to leave me alone.

"Sure. That's the reason alright." He smirked.

I turned and glared at him. "What? Is it wrong to help?"

He just grinned at me. "You're very stubborn. Just admit it already."