part 35

I woke up from the sound of my alarm clock, i groan and quickly turn it off. i smile in excitement when i realize that today is the day i'm going to find a house, i'm feeling anxious and butterflies in my stomach. am i even ready for this? of course i am, i'm a grown person now, i can't live with my family anymore, as much as i love them, i need to move on with my life. to build a future...

once i got in the shower, the hot water relaxes a few of my anxiety but it doesn't give me any assuring feeling. this time i remembered to bring clothes with me and put them on. i chose something  that would look sophisticated, i don't want to look like some wild teenager, otherwise they would underestimate me. i wore a navy blue dress that reaches my mid thigh and has a white lace collar, the dress fits me perfectly, i always liked that dress, you can  see any curve that i have. i dryed my hair and made it into a tight bun and put a bow in the front of it. i looked cute but not too young. i finished my make up and stepped out of the bathroom.

when i entered my room, Christian was still asleep so i decided i'll leave him a note saying where i am going and how long will i be gone. i opened my closet drawer and pull out my white high heel shoe. i took a last glance in the mirror and rush down stairs, i grabbed my coat and purse when my stomach growled and i remembered that i haven't eaten yet. i walk inside the kitchen only to find Dani making something in the stove.

"good morning." i smile at him. he turns his face to look at me and his eyes immediately widen and his lips parted.

"look at you." he says and playfully whistle. i laugh and thanked him.

"i'm going on my house hunting today." i say, overly excited.

"that's great! where?"

"if i remember correctly, it's on Hunter street."

"great street." he says and i chuckle.

"why are you up so early?" i ask him.

"i have work you know."he rolls his eyes playfully.

i nod and the stove beeps a minute later, Dani opens it with a towel and pulls out the food he just made. he sliced it and put it on a plate for me, it looks a bit like apple pie. i set in the dining table and took a bite.

"hmm, what is that?" i moan in delight.

"like it?" Dani asks and take a seat across from  me. i nod and i can hear him chuckle through his bite.

"that's German apple pancake." he states, proving my thoughts right.

once finished i thank Dani for the lovely breakfast and he suggested on driving to the place me and Tom meeting. i accept and he grabs his coat and bag and open the front door. we've reached to his car and London's familiar breeze hits my face and exposed legs, i shiver at the contact and step inside Dani's car. he turns on the heat and takes off.

i gave his instructions to the designation, he pulled off next to it.

"Katy." he says when i open the passenger door. i turn to look at him, signaling for him to talk.

"good luck." he smiles, i return the favor and thank him for driving me. i stepped out of the car and the cold wind strikes again, i spot Tom waiting for me with a middle aged women standing beside him. her black short hair is covered with a traditional English hat and a fashioned umbrella. she looked like these old arrogant English women you see in movies. when Tom sees me, he welcomes me with a worm smile and shake my hand.

"you look lovely, Mrs. Morgen." he complements.

"thank you." i blush.

"this is Mrs. Darlington, she holds personal contacts with The Real Estate agency, she's here to make sure there is no frauds and she is the one supervising you'r payments." he introduces her.

"pleasure to meet you Mrs. Morgen." she smiles. she's not that bad..

"thank, nice meeting you too." i say politely.

"alright lets get going." Tom says and opens the black vehicle for the both of us. he gets in the passenger seat next to the driver's seat, i thought he was supposed to drive.. when i spot a man in a black suit and hat sited in the driver's side that proved me wrong. 

the car drive was not long and it was really quiet, every time i tried to make conversation Mrs. Darlington would just say two words and that was the end of that talk.

when i saw the name of the street, the car didn't stop it just passed it and continue to another street.

"aren't we supposed to be in Hunter street?" i asked, confusion is clear in my voice.

"yeah we did a few changes in the location i send you the details." Tom said.

"oh, so where are we going then?" i asked.

"to Marchmont street, it is a beautiful street with lots of shops, which was one of you'r requests." Tom remarks.

even though i didn't know about the change, i'm more than pleased with Tom's bright idea to give me a place with more shops in it. the car came to a halt and i open the car door. as i take in the sight in front of me it's not quite the view but it's very cozy. Tom leads me and Mrs. Darlington to a few buildings on the block. we went up the elevator, reaching to the fifth floor, there was a large man standing in front of us. Tom greeted him and introduces him and Jack. as he showed me the third apartment he found, i instantly liked it. it was a bit bigger than the others, with two rooms and one bathroom, the floor was made out of wood and in the living room there was a balcony with a breathtaking view. before i entered the building, the street wasen't so appealing but when i was in the apartment, i could see a lot of London, the tiny people doing their jobs or running late to them.

"that's the one." i whispered through the wind in the balcony.

"what?" Tom asked.

"i said, that's the one i want."

he gave me the widest smile he could give and i return the favor, Mrs. Darlington cheered but in a polite way which i find a bit amusing. Tom walked over to Jack and talked to him, a few minutes later he came back with paperwork in his hands. i signed it and felt a huge weight lifting it self from my shoulders. i can't believe i bought an apartment, my own apartment.

"congratulations Mrs. Morgen, are you happy with you'r choice?" Tom asks and Mrs. Darlington put her hand on my shoulder.

"yea, i am, thank you so much for what you have done." i smile at him. he nods and we head back to the car.

when i step out of the elevator to the lobby, my eyes dart to a familiar curly shape standing in the front door of the building. it couldn't be him, could it?

"Katy?" he calls. "God, it is you, wow." he breath out. "you look, amazing." Harry approaches me.

"thank you." i blush.

"what are you doing here?" he asks when he is now standing in front of me.

"i just bought an apartment." i cheer and his smile grows bigger and bigger.

"really?! that's so great congratulations!" he stretches his arms to give me a hug, which was not in any way for me, friendly.

"so what are you doing here?" i asked when we pulled away.

"i live here." he shrugs and the color drains from my face immediately. Christian wouldn't like it very much. i stay silent for a while, it doesn't matter if he lives here or not it doesn't change anything in our friendship, it's just a coincident. a coincident that would make Christian fume with anger...

"well i'll see you around." Harry smiles.

"of course you'r gonna see me around, we live in the same building." i joke and he laughs and walk inside the elevator. i join Tom and Mrs. Darlington in the car and they offer to take me home instead of the meeting place. i thank them again and open the front door, when i close it behind me, a deep sigh is released from my lips as i let every thing sink in..

me and Harry, living in the same building.