part 42

i walk into the bathroom with my back still aches from the rough night. if i remember correctly, i fell asleep on a comfortable bed with a soft duvet, but when i woke up, i was on the dreadful mattress with a thin blanket and my legs sticking out of it and touching the cold floor. i know exactly who did it, how dare he? i was peacefully sleeping and he has to sleep on the comfy bed so he pulled me out of it and placed me on that stupid piece of wool!

i locked the door of the bathroom and started to pull my clothes off. once finished i twisted the faucet towards the red mark so the water will heat up. as the water hit my head and my back, i let it calm my nerves and sore back. i inhaled deep and brought it back out in a sigh, i grabbed the shampoo bottle and put a little in my hands. my head was carefully washed, i reached for my loofa and soap and started with washing my body. when i opened the water back on again to wash the extra soap off my body, a knock on the door was heard. 

"yes?" i asked.

"sweety? i just wanted to let you know that me and Christian should be heading back home in a week." my dad says through the door.

"already?" how can they be leaving so soon? as much as i'm happy to get my bed back, i don't want them to go...

"yeah, i wish we could stay here until you get inside you'r new house."

"oh no! i forgot about that." i stated. "can we continue this when i get out?" i half laugh and he agrees. i hear my dad's footsteps becoming more and more muted. i wanted them to see my house, my own house. what was the point of coming here if they wouldn't be able to me in my new free territory? i smile at my own thoughts and the words territory.

i wrap the towel around my body and unlocked the bathroom door. the second i open the door, Ron opens his and comes out of his room with only sweatpants on while rubbing his eyes with his hands. when he sees me, he begins with his stupid remarks and comments.

"ahh!! i'm blind!!" he says while covering his eyes and fakes a faint. i try to mute my laugh but fail miserably.

"ha ha not funny." i state.

"cover yourself already!" he says, still with his hands on his face as he walk towards the stairs.

"i'm covered dumb-ass!" i fire back. i can't help but think of how childish we are when we're next to each other, almost like my own brother.

i enter my room, my eyes widening as i spot Christian still asleep. i forgot he was sleeping and i'm relieved he didn't wake up, he would kill me if i'd wake him. why am i afraid my own boyfriend would kill me? he can't kill me...i'm being so stupid lately.

i grab my dark blue jeans and a light brown sweater, and of course underwear and bra. i run back to the bathroom and quickly change. i took a glance to the clock, 10:34 am. once i finished with putting my clothes on, i pulled me hair into a tight bun and ran downstairs after grabbing my phone and bag. Ron is sited in front of the dining table with a bowl of cereal in front of him. my grandmother is in the living room with my dad watching Martha Stuart as my dad sips from his coffee mug.

"where are you going love?" my grandmother smiles up at me.

"mall, i'll be back in a few hours." i say and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"always at the mall huh?" my dad taunts me. i stick my tongue out to him and he laughs. i give him a kiss as well and leave the living room after grabbing my coat.

"arren't you supposed to be at work?" i ask Ron while grabbing an apple.

"i call it sick for the day." he puts his hands behind his head and lean back on his chair, clearly proud of his little lie.