Chapter 29: Suspicious Sans

You let tears stream down your face and let out a small pre-cry breath. (We all do that when we cry. It's like a gasp.)

He looked up at you. He was chained to the wall, trying to get out of the chains. Desperately wanting to get out. You wanted to let him go, but his angry expression told you other wise.

You managed to stumble out his name between your breaths. "M-Mettaton."

He pulled down harder on the chains, groaning and almost growling at you.

You wanted to be close to him, no matter how insane he was at the moment. So you stepped closer to him as he thrashed more with each step you took.

Eventually you were kneeling down in front of him, your lips shaking from trying to speak. Only able to let his name stumble out through your lips.

"M-M-Mettaton." You cried until you couldn't take it anymore. "Why? Why?!" You screamed as you were on your hands and knees.

After getting the strength to stand up, you leaned against the wall, staring at him as he thrashed and growled.

A sudden voice filled the room. "This is only the first of what will be done to ruin your life."

You could now determine that this voice was in your head, and you recognized it. "Why are you doing this to me?" You quietly asked through tears. She only laughed in response. "Get out of my head Chara!" You screamed.

"I would, but that would ruin the fun."

"Agh!" You screamed as you felt a sharp pain shoot through your entire body and you fell to the floor.

"Your already beginning your transformation."

"Shut...up..."

"You can't stop this."

"Shut. Up..."

"And you can't stop me."

"Shut up!"

"Everyone will die."

"SHUT UP!" You screamed hitting your head against the wall. You wanted it to all stop. The pain, Chara, all of it.

"I would stay around for more, but I've got to think of how I'm gonna ruin your life next."

You said nothing as you lay on the cold, concrete floors of the secret basement. Mettaton's metallic breathing and growling only getting louder and more fierce sounding.

The pain eventually subsided and you didn't know what to do. Chara was after you. To ruin your life. She wants to kill everyone that exists here in the under ground. And you wouldn't allow it. You needed to find out why she was targeting you specifically.

"Kid." You heard San's voice and didn't move, even though you wanted to jump at the sound of it. You had a small suspicion.

"You know more than your leading me to believe San's." You said calmly. He said nothing in response.

"Who is she Sans. I know you have some sort of idea. The way you talked to each other when she first showed up and you two fought. The look on your face when you first saw her. You've met her before. Where? When?"

He still said nothing in response.

You sat up and looked at him. "Tell me!"

He finally responded. "I can't. I'm not supposed to tell you anything."