Chapter 39: The Swim

You tried to mentally prepared yourself for the water, but you couldn't.

Isaac had let go of your hand as soon as you two fell in.

Then it hit, the water surrounded you. Your fear kicked in. Growing up in the Underground you didn't exactly learn how to swim. In fact. Living with Sans and Papyrus, it was always winter. So water wasn't exactly always in its liquid state of matter.

Your body continued to float downwards. Your eyes were closed but opened when your body jolted and you felt warmth around your wrist. The figure holding you was a blur. Suddenly a second figure swam up next to the one holding you.

The second figure swam below you and grabbed your legs and both figures began to swim upwards, pulling you up with them.

A sudden feeling of cold air hit you and you breathed in a deep breath. You looked around you, panicking, and saw Isaac to your left. After a short second, Asriel emerged to your right. They were both still holding you up by your arms while you were hyperventilating from the experience.

They dragged you up and out of the water onto a cold stone floor while Zach and Hunter stood there impatiently waiting.

You noticed that none of them, including yourself were wet even after landing in a pool of water.

"W-why aren't we all soaking?" You asked while looking at the ground.

"Well. Zach isn't because he didn't have to go into the water, but I don't know why we aren't."

"Don't let this little thing distract us guys." Asriel started. "We can't get held back any more than we already have."

"Right. Thank you both for saving me." You said to Isaac and Asriel.

"Your welcome (Y/N)." Isaac said.

"Seriously, don't bring it up again." Asriel said harshly.

"Sheesh. Let's just move on ok?" You said as you lead the group through the only tunnel that could be seen in the room.

--------------

"Why is it so dark in here?" Zach complained.

"Probably because it's a cave you stupid bird." Hunter replied.

"Whatever you little prick."

"Guys." You started. "Just stop. Besides. I think I've found where Chara might be hiding."

AN: I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short. I tried for several days to think of an idea that would help me make the chapter longer. But I couldn't.