Chapter 43: Tough Love feat: Asriel

You and Isaac both nodded at each other. You both leapt up into the air.

Isaac twirled his spear to face Chara, fire in his eyes. What drove him was getting revenge for the death of his master, Undyne.

You had your sword ready to swing for when you came back down. What drove you was to get Mettaton back. To get your normal life back. Well, as normal as it can be living in a world full of monsters.

You both came down on Chara, both your sword and Isaac's spear hitting her directly. As you landed, you and Isaac looked at each other as Chara was kneeling on the ground.

She looked up at you and gave a sinister smile. She floated a few feet into the air and gave out a scream, almost like a roar of pure anger. She was breathing heavy. You could tell she was wounded, but barley enough for her to back down. 

"You really think those measly weapons will help you? You've given me the chance to have a real challenge and a real laugh if you think they will." Chara giggled. "Now then... Where was I? Ow!"

An arrow flew from behind you and stuck right into Chara's side.

You then heard the familiar voice of a certain bird. "Seriously, how dumb are you?" Zach asked. 

You turned around to see Zach holding a bow and smirking at what seemed to be just the entire situation. Asriel pulled two daggers from his pockets while Hunter bared his teeth and dug his claws into the ground in anger or determination.

"(Y/N)." Asriel spoke walking up to you. "I've always had my troubles with you and to be honest, I've always doubted you. But now we end this because we are too close to fail."

You looked at him as if expecting more.

He rolled his eyes. "Look, I'm not gonna say I believe in you, but just tell that to yourself and maybe you'll feel better."

"No time for chat." Zach said. "This adolescent white girl might just kill us all if we stand around and do nothing."

"Right." You said. "Let's do this."

Zach flew up and circled Chara as you ran around to the back of Chara. Isaac stayed in front of her. Asriel threw dagger after dagger as Hunter slashed at her with his claws. 

As if your minds were connected, you and Isaac leapt into the air. You aimed your sword straight for the right side of her back, while Isaac aimed his spear for the right side of her chest right where her heart would be. If she had one considering her mental state.

You closed your eyes, felt impact, let go of the handle of the sword and dropped down onto your knees. You look up and Chara falls down, sword in the back, and a spear in the chest. Isaac landed on his feet and ran over to you.

'Could this be it?'