Chapter 41: Saving the Underground

Black. The only color that seemed to exist anymore. Everything was black. You drifted off into your own mind. Your consciousness fading away as you lay floating in the abyss.

You sat there, wondering what was happening. Until you noticed a gleaming glint of... shining metal?

"Can it be?" You asked yourself.

That soft smile. Was all you needed. You stood and ran over to the last light of hope you'll ever see.

"(Y/N)." He said in a soft voice.

"Mettaton." You cried. "I miss you. I miss you so much. I love you."

"Yes. I miss you too. And I love you as well."

"Where are you?" You asked him.

"I'm still in the same room you last saw me in. I've lost myself to Chara. I lost my mind just now. Just like you. It's too late. But at least we're together now."

"My friends..." you said. Thinking about Asriel, Hunter, Zach, and Isaac.

"You want to go back."

"Yes. I- I do. I want to be with you here but, I think that if we can defeat Chara, then you will be free too."

"If you really want to go back, then I can help you. You'll just have to listen to what I say."

"I'll do anything." In the distance you could hear faint shouting. You could here them. All fighting Chara.

"Look at me and concentrate. You must tell yourself how much you want to go back to them."

You nodded. You repeated to yourself how much you wanted to go back. You eventually saw a white light come closer to you. It felt peaceful.

Next thing you felt was your head hurting again severely and you felt as if you were thrown to the ground. You started coughing and gasping for air.

"(Y/N)!!," Isaac yelled, "COME ON!! GET UP. QUICKLY!!"

You looked up and saw several knifes shoot up in the air and start to rain down toward you. You quickly jumped up and back, as the knifes hit the ground.

"So you made it out with the help of the metal machine. How sweet~" Chara said from the distance. "But that won't do. You see, I need one of you two fallen humans on my side."

Chara looked back and forth from you to Isaac.

"Or..," she said, "I could take the lives of these three useless monsters!!"

All of a sudden, a dome of knifes floated above Asriel, Zach, and Hunter.

"NO!" Isaac shouted.

"If you don't agree then you and the girl need to sacrifice yourselves to me so they may live."

"(Y/N)." Isaac said looking at you. "What now? What's your call?"

You looked back at him. "Trust me." You said to him. You flared back at Chara and walked closer to her. "We'll go."

Isaac walked next to you. "What's wrong with you? Are you crazy?!"

"No," you said looking him in the eye, "I'm saving the Underground."