Chapter 38: The Fall

"Are you sure this is it? We've been wondering this cave system for an hour and still haven't found anything but dead ends." Hunter complained behind the group.

"Come on guys. Just let Isaac and (Y/N) figure this out. Now shut up and stop complaining!" Asriel shouted.

"Well, we've gone through every tunnel in here and we still haven't found anything." You said as you pondered. You suddenly felt a sharp pain in your head as you screamed because of how agonizing it was.

You fell to your hands and knees as Isaac kneeled down next to you.

"Oh you poor thing. Maybe you would have more luck if you thought like me. But you can't. Thats too bad. Good luck finding me losers!" Chara's voice echoed throughout the caves.

"(Y/N)." Isaac said.

In a small moment of brilliant thinking, you thought like Chara. You let the madness within you take over for a few seconds before you really started to resist it.

"Listen to me (Y/N). Listen to my voice. Remember. Its for Mettaton. For the world. The place you care so much about. And the people you car about." Isaac said soothingly.

"I-I know how to get to Chara." You said. You got up with the help of Isaac. "The pit. We have to go back to the pit."

"Alright then lets go." Asriel said as he turned and led everyone back to the pit.

"Were here, but what do we do now?" Zach asked.

"Well, now we jump." You said.

"Wait. we what?!" Hunter yelled. "That's crazy!"

"We jump into the pit. I know this is what were supposed to do. Just trust me."

"Well if this is what were gonna do to find Chara. So be it." Isaac said calmly as he walked up to the edge of the pit.

"Alright everyone. Lets go. I'll go last to make sure no one chickens out." You said as you looked at Hunter.

"I'll go first." Asriel said standing next to Isaac.

"Hold on. Let's let Zach go first since he can fly."

"I don't have a choice in this now do I?" Zach said flying above the pit.

"Nope. Not really."

"Ok fine. I'll yell up what I find." He said as he descended down the pit. And after a few minutes he yelled up. "Guys! There's just a giant pool of water down here. It's really deep!"

"Alright!" You yelled down. "We're coming down!"

You gave a nod to Asriel and he took a breath and jumped down head first. Sure enough, you all heard a splash.

You pulled Hunter over to the edge. "Now. You have two options Hunter. You either jump now or I become mean and push you in."

"Uhhh. Alright I'll go." With a few breaths, Hunter had jumped.

"Isaac." You said as he was ready to jump. But you didn't know what you were gonna say so you just nodded at him to go.

"No." He said as he grabbed your hand. "Your not going alone."

"Wait!" You yelled. But it was too late. You couldn't tell him what you were afraid of.