Chapter 32: Wolf+Cardinal = Bad Idea

A thud behind you made you all turn around and look to see who it was that was now standing and walking close to you.

"Zach?" You questioned, slowly recognizing him.

"I'm going with you to." He said, folding his red wings behind him.

"Ugh. It's you again." Hunter said, glared at Zach.

Zach looked behind you and glared back at Hunter. "Long time no see you irksome wolf."

"Hey, listen here-"

"Stop it! Both of you!" You shouted looking at both Hunter and Zach in an angry way, letting them know that you were not pleased with the situation.

You sighed calming yourself before speaking again. "I don't know what kind of history you two have, but you have to push it aside. If we're going to save this world, we all have to work together and get along. Do you understand?"

Both Zach and Hunter nodded their heads.

"Wow. You sure grew up in a demanding house hold." Asriel said as he sat down.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I did. But of course you know that I never had a real child hood. I fell down here when I was very young. I was barely able to talk properly. I lost most of my early memories from when I hit the ground."

"Seems like a real bummer."

"It really is. But I sometimes see things. Outlines and blurs. But never a clear image. There is one that I see more than all of them."

"And that is?" Asriel questioned you, and you pondered as to why he would be interested in knowing at all, but you answered anyways.

"A young boy, reaching his hand out to mine, and I hear a voice too along with it. 'Don't worry (Y/N). It's all going to work out. I'll be fine, and I'll come back when I find the perfect spot for us to set up.' That's what I hear. It's faint, but I still hear it."

"Alright, let's get going." Hunter said. "This is getting way too wishy washy for me."

"Your so rude." Zach said rolling his eyes at Hunter. "She was just in the middle of a very emotional part of her life. You ruin everything."

"Hey. Why don't you just shut it so we can get going."

"No. We need to rest for a little longer. We just decided to rest when Hunter approached us and that was only a few minutes ago." You said, putting your bag a few inches away from you as you sat down.

"She's right. We're both exhausted. We've been walking all night." Asriel said.

"Exhausted?! You don't sound or look exhausted. I'm the one dying here." You complained.

"Stop whining about it or I'll kill you sooner than expected."

"Whatever."

All four of you sat in silence, except for the few growls that the Wolfskin and Cardinal gave each other. They weren't like most monsters. Every monster was just a true animal. But Hunter and Zach were half human half animal.

Hunter's only physical characteristics of a wolf were his ears and tail. And Zach's only physical characteristics of a cardinal were his wings and tail.

You were pondering on the same thought over and over again. What if you weren't able to stop Chara in time?