Chapter 35: Reunited?

"Everyone. Let's take a rest here." You announced.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah?" You said as you sat down against a tree in the snow, that seemed to be getting lighter as you neared a mountain in the distance.

"I'm going to go see what's ahead. The end of the forest is near. I'm going to see if there is anything out there."

"You want me to come along? You could be in danger and get hurt."

"No no. I'm gonna be fine. You needn't worry about me. It's all going to work out, everything has since I was a child."

You were already standing when you replied. "No offense, but I honestly don't care how many times something has worked out for you. I'm going with you."

"If you insist."

After some walking, you and Isaac finally reached the end of the forest and looked at the massive mountain a few miles ahead.

"So, I see that you two have reunited. How sickingly sweet. You now have each other, while I'm so lonely all the way up here."

"Chara." You said as Isaac looked confused, scared, and angry. Chara seemed to respond to your thoughts.

"Oh right. This is poor Isaacs first time with me in his head."

"What do you mean by reunite, Chara?" You asked.

"All in time, that is if you can defeat me. I must get going now though. I have to prepare for your arrival."

"Chara! CHARA GET BACK HERE!" You yelled as you fell to your knees. "It's no use. We're all gonna die. I can't do this. Why am I here? Why is-" You stood as Isaac stood behind you. You felt the sudden urge to hurt him, and your body moved on its own, flying a punch at Isaac.

"You really must learn to control that side of you." He said as he caught your fist in his hand. "I suppose that this is the first time this has fully happened."

You lowered your fist and recollected your mind as you now had control over yourself. "What happened to me?"

"When you first met Chara, did she have an alternate you with her?"

"Yes. She did."

"If you allow Chara to keep taunting you, you will eventually become that alternate you. You have to learn to ignore her taunts."

"You clearly know a lot about this. Did you let it get too far?"

Isaac hesitated before answering. It was clearly a very touchy subject to him. But he seemed to be able to swallow down the pain. "Yes. It took Undyne days to bring me back to normal."

"I don't think I can distract myself from her words though." You said scared of becoming your alternate self.

"Even if you can't, I still believe you can. Now let's head back to the others." Isaac started to walk off and you followed him.

Not a single word was said as you both returned back to where the others were patiently waiting.