-water

"What is the purpose of this?"

Sari finished tying her shoe and began doing toe touches. "Stretching is good for you, Zayn try it."

"I stretch," he scoffed, copying her movements, "but not before walking. Really, Sari? Walking?"

"Walking is better than running, ya know?" she informed with a smile, "it's more fun and it gives you time to think about stuff and mentally your mind could get better."

"Allat?"

"Allat," she repeated, "ready?"

"Yep," they began walking side by side, at seven thirty in the morning, "you work today?"

"Nope. You?"

"Nah," his hands were in his pockets as they kept on, "it's also Sunday, babe."

"I'm so stupid," she face-palmed, "never mind me."

"Not stupid. Lame."

"Not lame, Zayn," she pushed him with her shoulder. He just smiled, kicking a few rocks along the sidewalk.

"You're right. You're just adorable."

"What have you been up to?" she changed the subject.

Zayn went into this whole story of how this guy requested a website for his funeral home yesterday but Zayn wasn't too comfortable with the layout. The opening webpage was...comical but creepy. The man wanted to sell the embalming fluid and his pictures for the site consisted of actual dead people in caskets. It was weird to say the least.

"Why would someone want that?" Sari asked, taking a small sip of her water.

"It's whatever, because I had to report him. You can't really...sell embalming fluid," he chuckled, "nah, kids do shit to that. Like drugs and stuff."

"Forreal?"

"Yeah," he frowned in thought, "break into funeral homes and stuff. I don't know what they do with it."

"Gotta be little white boys."

"You are so obtuse."

"You calling me fat, Zayn?" her folded her arms and glared at him playfully, his eyes widened.

"No, no, chill--"

"Kidding!" she laughed, "it's a joke, babe."

"God," he sighed in relief and she just kept giggling at him, "don't do that, man. I'd hate to hurt your feelings."

"That's a hard task, Zayn. The only person that can hurt me is myself."

"So what do you call this?"

"I call this another date."

"Mhm," Sari nodded, looking out onto the boardwalk. They took a break from walking as decided to stop by the beach since it was right there. "I still can't believe you shaved your beard."

"Does it look okay?" he wondered, his fingers on his chin, "I feel naked."

"Naked looks good on you," she sipped on her iced tea and looked away.

"There you go again," Zayn mumbled with a lick of his bottom lip, "a flirt as always."

"You're the flirt," she retorted, "always making these comments you think I won't notice."

"No, I make comments I know you'll notice just so you'll see who you're dealing with," he got up and grabbed her hand, "let's blow this Popsicle stand."

Sari just smiled, the feeling of her hand in his making her mentally swoon. Her fingers laced in his as they walked out of the Starbucks. "Where are we going?"

"To the ocean," he dragged, their feet shuffling through the sand. It was a very pretty day outside, plenty of people were out but it was still eleven in the morning so of course. "Take a dip."

"Nope," she pulled him back, "we are not getting in the ocean. The last time I went to the beach I got stung by a jellyfish and my brother had to pee on my arm."

Zayn snorted. "Well, this time if you get stung I'll make sure to take a piss on you. I just had lemonade and that shit goes right through me."

"You're not R Kelly-ing me, bitch."

"I just might with that attitude you got," he snickered, "jellyfish feel your pain, man. Come on."

"Zayn." She tried pulling away but he was too strong.

"Come on, Sar—you know what?"

"What -- ahh!" she squealed when Zayn put her on his shoulder and ran to the water. Sari giggled and tried to break free but he was way too strong and she dreaded falling in the sand or something. "Get off!"

"Never!" she felt water splash on her skin and panicked slightly. She really didn't wanna get stung. Zayn just stood in the water and gingerly put her down.

"God," she shivered at the cold salt water and held her arms. She slapped Zayn and pushed him away, a small pout on her lips. "I hate you."

"Keep lying to yourself, baby," he smirked playfully, "okay, come on, Sari."

"No."

"Come on, babe. I'm sorry," Zayn hugged her from behind and she felt his body against hers.

"If you wanted a beach day, you could have told me," she muttered, "I have the cutest bathing suits."

"I didn't plan for this," he stated with a huff. She felt his lips against her hair and hummed.

Sari was hyperventilating on the inside. She never felt like this with Zayn, and the way he was pressed against her and being so playful today got her gears churning and her lips almost bleeding out because she kept biting them.

They even held hands, something she didn't think he would do so boldly. But Zayn was bold, having no sort of filter on his feelings and even making her wonder how he was like that. He never cared about any other person but those who he hung around with.

He was pretty cool.

"There's something in the water," he sang and Sari giggled, "what?"

"Nothing," she turned to face him and just grinned.

"Your shirt is see through and I'm diggin' it," he kept holding her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Really?"

"Yep. And I'm diggin' on you," the wide smile on his face did not falter, even when she leaned in so their lips could almost touch.

Almost.

Sari's breath hitched and Zayn took a small sigh. She stared after his lips even when he pulled away slightly to see her face.

"Ready to go?" he asked hoarsely, causing her to look away and blush.

"My clothes are wet," she whined as they walked back to shore. They probably looked a mess to bystanders but they didn't care.

"Maybe by the time we walk back they'll be dry."

"Maybe," Sari agreed, taking Zayn's hands in hers for the first time, instead of him doing it.

They both just smiled, continuing their morning turned to noon walk back home.