-spooky

SHMONEY

"Zayn, come on," Sari whined, following her boyfriend into the kitchen with a pout set on her lips.

"Nope," he went in the fridge and grabbed a beer, "I'm all set tonight and I'm not going to that party."

"Not even for me?" she hugged his waist and rubbed his tummy, "please? It'll be fun."

"Sari..."

"What? I've been spooky all October and this is the spookiest day of this whole month. I wanna do stuff with you but you're such a pussy."

"Exactly, which is why I'm not going," he pulled away and walked in the living room, sitting on the couch and drinking from the beer can.

"Ugh," she groaned, stomping into his room and lying face down on the bed.

Sari really wanted to go to this Halloween party with Zayn. She used to go with Tasha, but that wasn't the plan anymore and Zayn was the only one she truly wanted to be with. It was Jerald's party, but he liked girls so much that Sari wouldn't even hang out with him and he'd be too fascinated at another sexy nurse costume.

Sari almost screamed when she felt Zayn lying on top of her, then she remembered she was upset so she acted like he wasn't there.

"If I say yes, will you stop groaning and ignoring me?"

"I might," she replied, secretly loving that he was thinking about going instead of shutting her down again.

"Well, what are you wearing?"

"I'm going as Solange."

"Really? That yellow outfit--"

"No," she rolled her eyes and Zayn moved so they faced each other but he was still halfway on her back, "in one of her music videos. You know, the new stuff."

"Mhm," he lied his head back and looked up, "I just...I'm not the best in certain social situations, is all."

"But you'll have me," she replied, frowning at him.

"Yeah, but...it's like, it's like, with you and your weight. Just because you have me doesn't mean I'm gonna be fine all the time."

"Oh," and Sari totally misunderstood why he didn't want to go. Zayn wasn't much of a party person, even though he liked to have fun, but she didn't know he was so anxious of the idea of going to parties or places he wasn't familiar with.

"I'm sorry, but..." he gulped and Sari just watched him, "I guess I'll go."

"Thank you," she leaned down and kissed his lips, "I mean, I'm sorry for pressuring you. I didn't realize--"

"It's okay, Bear," he got off of her and sat up in the bed, "especially since I just finished my fifth beer--"

"Zayn--"

"Good times," he grinned and walked towards his closet, "so what should I go as?"

"I don't know," she lied on her back and watched him search through his things.

"I mean, I always wear black, as you can see...help me out, man."

"Okay, sheesh."

SHMONEY

"I love this look," Sari giggled at Zayn over the music. He just rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall.

"Shut up, Sari."

"You can't speak, you have to sing. Just like the commercial."

Zayn pouted as she kept playing with him. With only thirty minutes to spare before they were considered fashionably late to Jerald's party, Sari and Zayn needed an idea for a costume that wasn't too stupid or tacky in her eyes. Zayn could have went as Steve Jobs, but that was stupid. So was the Fonz and so was a lumber jack and so was Napoleon Dynamite. He didn't even have the wig for goodness sake but for some reason he had the shirt.