-whatever

SHMONEY

Sari was so proud of herself.

Lately, she had restarted going back to the gym on her own and her patients were coming back for classes despite the holiday season. She was mentally and physically ready to get back in shape. Gaining a little over twenty pounds in the span of a month was disheartening, but so was breaking up with her long-term boyfriend.

She took a sigh of relief when the class was over and people started to file out. Her back was on the floor and she stared up at the ceiling because she missed working out. It was hard, but she loved the rush of adrenaline she got when doing so.

Cesaria sat up on the floor and stared across at the wall mirror, showing her reflection of her sweaty body. She groaned, crawling closer until she was face to face with herself. Her eyes were bright and glassy, curls matted to her forehead and neck, thick thighs crossed and straining a little in the compression pants.

She made faces at herself in the mirror and giggled when her eyes crossed. A sigh left her lips and she put a hand under her chin in boredom.

"You're doing great, babe," she grinned and watched her reflection do the same, "so far, you've lost eleven pounds and you got this, I swear. Everyone is gonna be proud, especially your boyfriend -- or...what even is he? My whatever."

She pointed and lied back on the hard floor. "I love myself, I love myself, I love myself...I love my....self!" she screamed, listening to the echo and biting her lip to keep a smile off her face.

SHMONEY

"Hey, honey!" Patricia hugged her daughter before letting her through the house, "come in, you look so gorgeous, baby."

"Thank you mommy," Sari blushed, sitting on the couch beside her brother, "hey, squirt."

"I'm taller than you," Rodney junior swatted her hand away and groaned.

"That doesn't mean a thing--"

"I'm six feet tall, chill out, brah."

"Chill out brah," she mocked, making him grunt and scoot away from her.

"Go somewhere -- mom!" he screeched in a high pitched voice, "get her away!"

"Oh, shush, you two," Patricia laughed and pulled Sari away, "come talk to me, girly, and tell my why you're glowing!"

"It's dick," Rodney junior muttered under his breath, making Sari slap him on the back of his head before she went into the kitchen with her mom. "Ow!"

"Shush, Rodney," Patricia sat on a stool and stared her daughter down, "how are you?"

"I'm really, really, good," Sari grinned, "almost...like, rejuvenated."

"You took a break from your relationship," she pouted, "how's that going?"

"It's fine. I still talk to him but he really wants me to get myself together so I understand. He has some stuff to figure out also."

"Like what?"

"His hatred for his girlfriend and his social anxiety," she replied with a scrunched nose, "he doesn't talk about it enough but I know that's what it is. Zayn always bottles stuff up."

"Oh," she replied in understanding, "so how's your weight loss going? I see you've lost some."

"Thank you, mommy," Sari smiled widely, "but yeah, I've lost about eleven pounds. And I got a routine now that I'm really happy about."