-sweater

SHMONEY

"I'm so glad you're here," Patricia told Zayn as she hugged him.

"I got you something, Mrs. Conrad," Zayn put on his charming smile and Sari melted under his arm.

"You didn't have to," he gave her a festive gift bag and she grinned, "thank you, puddin'."

"It's nothing, really," he shrugged. Patricia just rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek, walking off to give them privacy.

"I got your gifts in the car," he told Sari, stuffing his face with fried chicken.

"I don't have yours," she pouted, "don't give 'em to me."

"Okay," he downed the rest of his wine and smiled, "how's your day been so far?"

"It feels weird. Granny's not here," she mumbled, "but I'm okay, really. How's yours?"

"It took me so long to get out of my mum's house," he replied, "but I figured your family always starts things late anyway so I was gonna be on time."

"You're so mean," Sari giggled, slapping his chest.

"You know it," he bit his lip and looked at her, "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you, too," she admitted sheepishly, hooking her arms around his neck.

"You've lost some, I see," his eyes fluttered and his right hand skimmed over her lower back.

"Can you kiss me, please?" she finally pestered, pouting at his lips. Zayn laughed, kissing her forehead and earning a small grunt in return. "You're annoying," she hopped off the stool and tried to walk away but he wasn't having it.

"Bear, come on--"

"Nope," she looked up at the ceiling even when Zayn started kissing her face all over, "get off me." Sari gave him a look, making him laugh and finally kiss her lips. She smiled into it and cupped his face in her hands.

"Is that better?" he mumbled, his tongue swiping against her bottom lip. She opened her mouth to speak but instead, her lips were on his again. "I don't wanna mess anything up," he explained lowly, "like, us."

"You're not," she reassured, "seriously."

He smiled, kissing her just one more time. Maybe three. "I just wanna chill. Continue doing you, okay? I'm sorry if I broke your heart or whatever. Not, or whatever, but...sorry."

"You didn't break it, babe. I just realized you were doing what's best for me," his hands stayed on her back, "we can just...chill out."

"Mhm," he stuck his tongue out and so did she, making contact with his and laughing hysterically, "where's your dad?"

"Probably in the living room, like all the other men."

"Well, I got his gift. Should I just drop it off in their room, or?"

"You can come with me," she got up, and took his hand, "what did you get him?" This "taking a break" thing wasn't working already.

"I got both Rodney's some San Fran merchandise. That's the right team, ain't it?"

"You got it," she smiled and entered the living room where most of the men were watching a football game, "here, dad this is from Zayn."

"Thank you, Zayn," Rodney smiled genuinely as he watched the TV. He was too distracted to actually turn to the boy.

"And Rodney junior," Sari gave him his bag, knowing he was a little high, "loser."

"Thanks man," RJ smiled dreamily and slouched in the chair.