-terrible

SHMONEY

"Why am I here?"

"To talk," Latasha swiveled in her seat and sipped on her drink.

"Well, my ass isn't getting on that stool so I'll be over here," Sari turned around and sat in a booth, "go ahead."

"I just wanted to apologize," and it was weird because somehow Tasha thought apologizing on the phone wasn't enough, Sari guessed, so now she wanted to do it in person. The gag is, Sari was still hurt and Latasha was probably wasting her time yet again.

"For what? Why would you need to apologize, Tasha?" Sari asked rhetorically but of course the other girl tried to answer, "for making me feel like shit? For putting me down even more than I already was or for being upset because I'm always with my boyfriend now instead of you, who I doubt was my real friend in the first place?"

"I--"

"I -- shut the fuck up," Sari crossed her arms, "you've done enough so what else could you possibly say to me to make me feel better."

She shut up then looked down. "You look like you've lost weight."

"I gained fifteen pounds, try again," Sari cocked her head to the side and pursed her lips. "Why did it take you so long to try to reach out to me? Besides your broken phone."

"Wedding plans," she groaned, "every time I tried Miles said to just let you cool down or his mother would drag me to another venue or florist. I hate weddings, which is why I called it all off. And then I--"

"You called the wedding off," Sari stated, "Latasha."

"I was stressed and pregnant and an--"

"You were pregnant?" Sari whisper-shouted with her mouth agape, "when? And what do you mean were?"

"You know what I mean by 'were'," Tasha huffed and wiped her eyes, "it's whatever. And I was like, seven weeks so he didn't have a chance anyway."

"Tasha..." Sari pouted and honestly felt bad. She couldn't help but feel that way even though she was still upset.

"I don't wanna talk about it, so don't bother. It's still fresh."

"You didn't try coming to my house or anything? I mean, I'd still be mad but I'm trying to understand why--"

"Because if I tell you you'll get mad again."

"Tell me."

Tasha sighed and looked down at her nails. "You're sensitive and bold and insecure and nonchalant all in one. Your personality is not always the same all the time, therefore, I feel like if I tell you a bit of information I wouldn't know how you'd act because...you're confusing. I don't know, okay? But some things I didn't wanna talk about to you because one, you're already mad so whatever and two, I don't want to feel any more pain about this."

Sari put a hand to her cheek and watched Tasha play with her fingers. She felt terrible, honestly, not knowing Tasha was going through plenty in her own life made Sari wish she was there for her. She was about to be a pregnant and married until everything fell apart.

"Are you hungry?" Sari asked out of nowhere, "have you eaten yet?"

"No."

"Order something, it's on me--"

"I'm not--"

"What did you used to do to me?" she waited for an answer, but instead got a small smile in return and a shrug from her skinny friend, "come on. I know you're starving. And I want you to stay healthy especially if you're going to try for another."

Tasha didn't say anything as she picked up a menu and opened it to the first page. "Using my tricks on me."

"It's working, huh?"

"Shut up, Sari."

SHMONEY

"Stop smoking," she watched Zayn put out the end of his cigarette in the ashtray.

"I'm doing better, okay?" he sat back and rubbed her stomach. She lied across his lap and flicked channels on the television. "That's just one in six days."

"Very proud. Quitting cold turkey was not the move for you. I thought you were going to kill me that one day."

"Kill you? No. beat yo ass? For sure."

Sari laughed and set the remote down, not knowing what they were watching but it was something on Lifetime. "I talked to Tasha today."

"And?"

"So much has been going on in her life and I feel bad for not even asking."

"You had your reasons also. Don't feel too bad."

"But I mean...she called off the wedding and lost a baby in the span of two weeks."

Seriously?"

"Yeah," she huffed and folded her hands on her stomach, "we talked some more and I guess we're cool. I just want her to get better or whatever she's doing."

"How nice of you," he grinned and smoothed her hair down, "just glad you figured it out, because if I walk in my office again and you're cussing your phone out, I might just leave."

"Shut up, Zayn."

"I'm so serious," the doorbell rang and Sari got up, walking to the door and pulling out the change for the pizza they ordered. She greeted the delivery girl, handing her the tip and signing off on the receipt.

"Thank you so much, have a nice night," the girl said before handing Sari the box and walking off.

"Zayn!" she sang and kicked the door closed, "pizza is here."

"No duh."

"Okay, smartypants," she set it down on the table and crossed her legs, "this is cheese, right?"

"Should be," he opened the box himself and took a slice, "I need to get back with my routine."

"Shit, you? I need to find the perfect one. Like, it changes all the time and that's probably why I keep gaining and losing."

"I'll help you."

"Really?"

"Yuh," he slouched in the couch and rested the pizza crust on his stomach -- he always saved them for last -- "I love helping my girl."

"Yuh," she giggled and leaned on his shoulder, "so cute."

"Yuh," he muttered again and picked up another slice of pizza.

SHMONEY

I'm so emotionally and mentally drained

college is not my thing I stress too much