-jackal

SHMONEY

"Your dad is, uh," Zayn started as they walked down the sidewalk. It was getting a little cooler outside but honestly, it was still hot as hell.

"Go ahead and say it, he's overprotective," Sari squeezed his hand and opened the glass door to the gym. He went in first and she followed.

"I mean, yeah," Zayn laughed, "but, he means well. Actually a pretty cool guy even though I was close to shitting my pants, ya know."

"Gross, man," they greeted some of the workers and scanned their membership cards as they walked by, "what day is it?"

"Leg day."

"You could use it," she joked, looking at his chicken legs.

"Babe, quit," he pouted, "disrespectful ass."

"You love this disrespectful ass."

"Ya damn skippy," he walked over to the weights and Zayn sat in one of the chairs, "I wish it was ass day, 'cause damn, babe."

"Why?"

"That's shit looks nice. 'S rounder. And I didn't even have to give you back shots."

"Zayn, stop talking," she sat in the chair and put her legs over the weights, "you're as reckless as my dad."

"So that means we have something in common. I am so in there."

"Don't say that, babe," she laughed, not even being able to do her workout because Zayn was making her laugh too hard.

"Anyway, how many was that?"

"Ten."

"Next," he put more weight on it and sat back down, "try six of those."

"How many pounds is it anyway?"

"One ninety, girl," he stool in front of her and smiled, "your lower body is stronger than your upper body."

"I know, it's tough."

"But you can still do handstands so easily."

"That's the yoga part of me. If you asked me to do that hammer thing at the carnivals, I'd only get a little over half way."

"Still strong," and she loved how he was still positive about what she could and couldn't do so well. She aspired to be like that, "you're doing great, maggot."

"Don't start the drill sergeant shit, Zayn," she giggled, "it's very sexy and if I wanna finish this workout I suggest you stop."

"So you tryna fuck?" he smirked, "that's all I'm hearing right now."

"And I'm surprised, with those supersonic ears you have."

"Here we go with the ears," he rolled his eyes at her, "you know I'm sensitive, Bear. If you know how I feel, why wold you say that?"

"I--"

"Like, you put me in such and uncomfortable situation. Like, you know I'm not happy you know I'm trying."

"Zayn, what the fuck?" she whispered, giggling and getting off the machine, "what do you do when I'm not with you?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he asked, grabbing the bar above him and doing pull-ups, "I watch reality TV."

And she watched him do pull-ups like it was nothing, his tongue sticking out as he concentrated on his twenty seventh one. She hated him so much.

"Zayn stop showing off, I hate you," she pouted and he just laughed, finishing his fiftieth and jumping down.