-peanut

SHMONEY

Cesaria pulled her olive green shorts to her waist, buttoning them up and tying the unnecessary string.

"Yo, what should I wear, man?" Zayn walked out of the bathroom, boxers adorning his hips and a towel wrapped around his head.

"Anything you want," she shrugged, "it's basically one of those family cookouts," Sari slipped on one of his muscle shirts and grimaced.

"What's wrong?"

"This is so roomy -- surprisingly -- but I hate how my bra is showing, but then my titties will just go anywhere, ya know?"

"Yeah, 'cause I got titties," he rolled his eyes, putting on Adidas pants and his own muscle tank, "just do your thing, Bear. I don't see the issue with it."

"Of course you wouldn't," she took off the tank top and undid her bra, "don't look."

He gave her a face and hummed as he stared at her chest. "Ain't no way."

"Slut," she tuned away and put on a sports bra instead, following with the baggy muscle shirt, "much better."

"You know what's really cute?"

"What?"

"Your belly," he grinned cutely, making her blush, "seriously. It's cute, and I'm proud of you for losing weight and staying positive."

"Thank you, Zayn."

"And I'm happy you're happy, baby."

"Baby," she repeated with an even wider smile. She stood in front of him and put her hands through the large sleeve holes, hugging his waist. "I like it when you call me baby."

"How many times you gonna say that to me?" he asked with raised eyebrows, "you rather be called Baby or Bear?"

"Boaf," she giggled, feeling his hands on her lower back, "are you nervous to meet my parents?"

"A little," Zayn shrugged a shoulder and squinted his left eye, "but I'd do it for you, Bear."

Sari is it blushed, lying her head on his chest and humming. "I seriously really really like you, Zayn."

"Same, Sar."

She kissed his lips repeatedly and pulled away. "So, when will I meet your parents?"

"Whenever you want," he said, "I don't mind."

SHMONEY

"So, how long have you two been dating?"

Zayn took a swig of his lemonade before answering. "Roughly three months."

Rodney nodded, leaning back in his seat. It was cool outside but there were plenty of people. Daneisha was already drunk and done for the night -- it was only eight thirty -- so the rest of the family and friends just chilled out in the backyard of Sari's parent's home.

Sari sat next to Zayn on the picnic table, scrolling through her phone and listening to Zayn talk to her father.

"I've known her for a little while before, though," Zayn continued.

"Wait. Are you friends with Jerald?"

"Yeah, we went to school together."

"I've seen you before," he muttered, drinking out of his beer bottle, "were you at the reunion?"

"That's where I met Sari," he nodded with a bright smile.

"Are you done interrogating, dad?" Sari spoke up and squinted at him.