-façade

SHMONEY

"So, I think I went too far."

"With what?" Tasha asked, biting an apple and keeping it in her mouth.

"Some things..." she trailed off and hung her jacket up, "I like your new place, T."

"Thank you," she grinned and looked around herself, "your mom is seriously so bomb with decorating, I love her."

"Same," Sari looked in the kitchen and whistled at the stainless steel decor, "this is really nice. Thank goodness you have some handy people in your family."

"Right, right. My aunt got that fridge and realized it didn't match anything in her kitchen. Instead of returning it she bought another and decided to give it to me. She's also filthy rich, so. I got it for cheap."

"You lucky bird."

"Right? Anyway, I got the last of my things from Miles the other day. I cried a little, but it's for the best."

"I agree," Sari nodded and looked in the dining room at the new furniture and smiling in awe, "did he cry?"

"Yeah. I mean, since the freaking sophomore year of high school we've been together. That's a long ass time."

"Six years."

"Don't remind me. But, yeah, I'm fine."

"That's good," she looked at her friend, "I'm glad, goodness."

"Onto your life," at that Sari started panicking a little. Tasha sat back down on the couch and put the apple in her mouth again, "what's going on with Sari?"

"Well..."

"Uh oh," Tasha glanced at her friend and put the apple down, "that's not a good sign. What happened?"

"Well..." she repeated, sitting down again and fiddling with her fingers, "it's kinda nothing."

"Well, why are you so nervous?"

"Because I haven't told anyone."

"What is it? The suspense is killing me."

"Okay!" she stood and started pacing, "I might be pregnant, man!"

Tasha stared at Sari before scoffing and turning back to her laptop. "I'm sorry, I almost thought you just said--"

"I said it, there," Sari put a hand to her mouth and looked up, "I...I might be pregnant, Tasha."

"Wait, how? You always you some sort of protection with this man. You have a timer on your phone for when you gotta take the pill, Sari."

"I know, I know," she sat down and covered her mouth stil, "I haven't told a soul, especially not you or Zayn."

"Why me?"

"Because...I just thought that...you just got over something like this, and--"

"Shut up, you asshole. I would love to hear about my best friend having a baby--"

"Shh, shh!" she hushed in a panic, "I don't even know if I am and I'm fucking scared."

"What symptoms do you have?"

"I haven't had morning sickness at all, but I'm always tired and hungry, you know, more than usual. And, most importantly, I missed my period last week."

"Oh, well, when was the last time you two had sex?"

"Last night at the movies."

"What?" Tasha laughed, "how do--"