-waterworks

SHMONEY

"Okay, so, names." Sari got out a small notepad and pen, setting it on the table and clapping her hands in front of Zayn.

He raised a brow, sitting up with his elbows on the table. "I thought we settled, right?"

"Settling isn't good enough," she frowned, stirring the iced tea in her glass. They decided to spend the morning at a diner, thinking of names over morning beverages until they got hungry enough to order, then thinking of names again while sipping on those same beverages. Sari's bladder was weak, so she had gotten up at least five times in the last forty five minutes. It was too much, but she really liked tea.

"You settled with me," Zayn joked, "that's not good enough is it?"

"Nope," she put her chin up and smiled at him, "just kidding. I settled for you. There's no one else out there, ya feel me?"

"Then what do you want out of a baby name?"

"Something different," Sari thought, tapping the pen to her bottom lip and looking down at the paper.

"We've gotten nowhere with that one," Zayn sighed deeply and put a hand on his cheek.

"Are you not contributing to this?"

"I am," Zayn sat back and sniffled. He was starting to get a cold and Sari was so here for it. Well, besides feeling terrible all the time, Zayn was so cute and clingy when he was sick, and she babied him so much she might as well have had two children. "I just can't think straight enough and you're only five months--"

"Only?" she repeated incredulously, "nigga, we were supposed to have been known the gender but who kept messing up the doctor's appointments?"

"Who?" Zayn looked around rhetorically before glancing at her, "you trippin' I didn't schedule those. That was you and those terrible mood swings."

"Ugh," she started drawing on the paper and pouted, "what if our baby doesn't have a name?"

"Sari, I know you're not going to cry--"

"I don't want anything stupid," she dragged out in a whine, the tears brimming at the lids, "what if it's ugly? I don't want another Michael."

"Oh my God," Zayn sighed and grabbed her hands from across the table, "Sari, you're going to be fine. I promise, we'll find a good name."

"Really?" she sniffled -- it was disgusting -- and wiped her eyes, "do you think so?"

"I know so, Bear. Come on," he grabbed several tissues and handed them to her, "stop crying, you big baby."

"I can't," Sari hiccuped, "I need help."

"Tell me what you want in a name," he said for like, the fifth time.

"I want...I want names that our child will be comfortable enough saying proudly, while not being self conscious. Like my real name is kinda gross, I still don't really like it."

"Mhm," he tapped his chin and frowned, "Cesaria. It's like, fitting, though."

"It's not..."

"Anyway," Zayn rolled his eyes, threading his fingers through hers, "you know what? Let's go to the doctor and find out the gender. Maybe that'll help you."